Bachmann announce Midland 1P, Class 20/3, BEP buffet car, VEA, Prestwin and Carflat

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

I can fully understand where you are coming from, however, from a marketing perspective it may be a good choice given the saint-like status attributed to her. At the end of the day Bachmann need to sell stock, and if that name sells stock then that benefits us all.

Roy

But how many railway modellers actually read the Daily Express? :jester:

John

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

But how many railway modellers actually read the Daily Express? :jester:

John

Maybe not too many, but how many "bank account managers" will... The name might be the difference between "yes you can buy it" and "no you can't"! Edited by brushman47544

• RMweb Gold

I wouldn't know (as it's GW ;)) but this is Bachmann's pic.

attachicon.gif32-007s.jpg

I've been in contact with Bachmann about the Hall livery and this image was used incorrectly.The Hall when released,will be depicted in the correct livery for a post- war engine.

• Like 1

2017 Bachmann catalogue arrived this morning. One thing I have not seen mentioned is a change to BR blue 37041; In the 2016/17 catalogue this was Reference No 32782A, shown without buffer beam valances, whereas in the new catalogue it is 32781B with valances. Assuming that the latter is the version that will be produced, in my opinion this is a good change; Selfishly, it suits my era better, but it also allows renumbering to pre-TOPS, and as there is still a non-valanced blue 37 in the catalogue, 37284, gives modellers more variety. 

• RMweb Gold

2017 Bachmann catalogue arrived this morning. One thing I have not seen mentioned is a change to BR blue 37041; In the 2016/17 catalogue this was Reference No 32782A, shown without buffer beam valances, whereas in the new catalogue it is 32781B with valances. Assuming that the latter is the version that will be produced, in my opinion this is a good change; Selfishly, it suits my era better, but it also allows renumbering to pre-TOPS, and as there is still a non-valanced blue 37 in the catalogue, 37284, gives modellers more variety.

Please tell me you're joking ???

We've had so many of these already - why can't they do the cut away buffer beams that were originally announced - if this is true then that's 3 lost sales from me as I'll be cancelling my order !!

Edited by cambo74

• RMweb Premium

We've had so many of these already - why can't they do the cut away buffer beams that were originally announced - if this is true then that's 3 lost sales from me as I'll be cancelling my order !!

Sawyer Models has posted a video on Facebook and the 37 with split boxes has the buffer beam valences.

Sorry, not joking, however Bachmann have gained a sale to me. As per my original post there is still a non-valance blue 37 in the range, albeit with single headcode panel (plated over) rather than split boxes.

• RMweb Gold

Sawyer Models has posted a video on Facebook and the 37 with split boxes has the buffer beam valences.

I think it was a good choice of loco, bad choice of number. 37041 carried its valance until very late and then was converted to a 37/5 shortly after. I wonder if sales weren't good?

Roy

• RMweb Gold

But we've had a model of this already - if it was cut away buffer beam it opens up a lot of Scottish variants but it's becoming painfully obvious that Bachman don't like the Scots !!!

Also it's bad practice to advertise a certain model, take preorders then change it the week before it's launched !

I'm not one that moans about much on here and am one of Bachmann's greatest supporters but this has left a bad taste in the mouth .......

Rant over

Ben

• RMweb Gold

At last a DRS Class 20/3, I never thought I would see one of those coming out RTR....

I think I will need to dig out my Shawplan / Bachmann conversion and get the thing finished off before hand (though I guess I have a good few years to get the job done)

Will be interesting to see how they make the nose end lights work.  Would have been very happy with a lot of those modern reliveries if I was still modelling modern image...

While I am a little disappointed that the GW hall is the Collet rather than Hawksworth variety, I suspect one will still end up coming this way though.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

While I am a little disappointed that the GW hall is the Collet rather than Hawksworth variety, I suspect one will still end up coming this way though.

Maybe they have decided to correctly tool the Modified Hall.

• RMweb Gold

But we've had a model of this already - if it was cut away buffer beam it opens up a lot of Scottish variants but it's becoming painfully obvious that Bachman don't like the Scots !!!

Also it's bad practice to advertise a certain model, take preorders then change it the week before it's launched !

I'm not one that moans about much on here and am one of Bachmann's greatest supporters but this has left a bad taste in the mouth .......

Rant over

Ben

Agree 100%. If sales were bad because it only matched the real 37041 for a very short time, I wonder if they thought the cut away valance was issue rather than the number?

Roy

Also Bachmann have updated he website picture too. Skirt and black domino`s.

Rather worryingly, D6714 and 37041 are both shown still having the ruddy great gouge in the bodyside under the cantrail grilles.  37049 and 37284 both have smooth bodysides though.  I hope that the first two will not be produced as shown on the Bachmann website.  If they have the gouge I won't be buying either.  If not it could be a bit expensive.

Edited by D6975

Bit Harsh to say Bachmann don't like the Scots!

There is lots in the catalogue, the weathered coach pair, the Kyle pair with 101 trailer. 37401 in LL and not so obvious 47359 in metals worked around Inverness in that guise as did 37049 imperial to add further interest to the scene.

Overall having looked through the catalogue today there is surely something for everyone in there. From a modern image point of view this is a bumper year in terms of the liveries covered.

All the best

Mark

• RMweb Gold

There is lots in the catalogue, the weathered coach pair, the Kyle pair with 101 trailer. 37401 in LL and not so obvious 47359 in metals worked around Inverness in that guise as did 37049 imperial to add further interest to the scene.

Overall having looked through the catalogue today there is surely something for everyone in there. From a modern image point of view this is a bumper year in terms of the liveries covered.

All the best

Mark

Hi mark - it was met tongue in cheek but they do seem to be ignoring some of the models from an era and region that is quite popular with modellers - I'm sure you catch my drift.

Ben

I was only thinking about getting another MPV for a little idea but thats gone and silly prices for the odd one's that you can find.

Also wonder if the BRA steel strip wagon comes with Kadee couplers as shown in the catalogue  :jester:

Edited by 25901

Also wonder if the BRA strip wagon comes with Kadee couplers as shown in the catalogue  :jester:

A Bra Strip wagon?  Are Bachmann doing their version of the Noch "naughty scenes" products?  Surely if someone is stripping their bra then the couplings will be the last thing people notice.

• RMweb Gold

A Bra Strip wagon?  Are Bachmann doing their version of the Noch "naughty scenes" products?  Surely if someone is stripping their bra then the couplings will be the last thing people notice.

I suggest that stripping the bra might be a popular prelude to coupling......

• Like 1

All the best

Mark

37049 in coal sector livery was also used on Hunterston to Ravenscraig trains on at least one occasion as appears in one of the TrainCrazy videos - as part of a triple header.  Although I have too many 37s I can see that one making its way into my collection... didn't know about 47359 so you've probably just cost me £100+... :-)

• Like 1