Bachmann announce Midland 1P, Class 20/3, BEP buffet car, VEA, Prestwin and Carflat

Andy Y

37049 in coal sector livery was also used on Hunterston to Ravenscraig trains on at least one occasion as appears in one of the TrainCrazy videos - as part of a triple header.  Although I have too many 37s I can see that one making its way into my collection... didn't know about 47359 so you've probably just cost me £100+... :-)

47359 was a Thornaby metals sector loco, but was then transferred to Tinsley Speedlink.  It was eventually revinyled into the red diamonds, but did wander all over the place as a speedlink loco in metals sector markings.

Who'd be a Bachmann focus group leader ? Head against a wall.

Bufferbeam cowls or not to bufferbeam.....

I'm irritated because the RFd47 is dominos one end, markers the other and I need marker/ marker for my project:)

And as for Scottish focus....if Nicola gets her way....you'll be in continental modeller and the 37s will be made by Lilliput !

Hi mark - it was met tongue in cheek but they do seem to be ignoring some of the models from an era and region that is quite popular with modellers - I'm sure you catch my drift.

Ben

I'm amazed there haven't been more 37/0s produced, particularly in Large Logo Blue. When you compare how many 37/4s have been produced (and presumably sold) then you'd have to think particularly West Highland or Inverness steam heat 37/0s would be quite a rich vein of sales too

I was only thinking about getting another MPV for a little idea but thats gone and silly prices for the odd one's that you can find.

Also wonder if the BRA steel strip wagon comes with Kadee couplers as shown in the catalogue  :jester:

Is it a Kaydee (should be 'Kadee', I've been informed )  or is it one of Bachmann's 'Eeyzee' coupling that they have issued on some of the models of Thrall-built wagons in the past?

Edited by Fat Controller

I'm amazed there haven't been more 37/0s produced, particularly in Large Logo Blue. When you compare how many 37/4s have been produced (and presumably sold) then you'd have to think particularly West Highland or Inverness steam heat 37/0s would be quite a rich vein of sales too

They are indeed....I can't spray them quick enough!

• Like 2

37049 in coal sector livery was also used on Hunterston to Ravenscraig trains on at least one occasion as appears in one of the TrainCrazy videos - as part of a triple header.  Although I have too many 37s I can see that one making its way into my collection... didn't know about 47359 so you've probably just cost me £100+... :-)

Hi Matt,

As D9675 has said this loco seems to have wondered all over. When I saw this one announced I searched on Flickr and the Class47 website as I want to re brand into RF distribution for the 92 period. It looks to have been in metals until sometime in 91 from photos I've seen and appears on both freight and passenger workings in and around Inverness in a few of them. 37049 was used up North as well and later was at Motherwell gaining black plates and depot plaques too.

Thanks

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Is it a Kaydee, or is it one of Bachmann's 'Eeyzee' coupling that they have issued on some of the models of Thrall-built wagons in the past?

<pet hate>

What's a Kaydee?

</pet hate>

Please spell things correctly, especially when it is correctly spelt in the mail you are replying to. It does matter.

Why does it matter? In many cases the company's website is accessed at http://www.<theirname>.com

To see this for yourself, you should click on http://www.kadee.com/ (the correct one) and http://www.kaydee.com/ (the wrong one).

• Like 1

First shot Westbury 19/02/90 note lack of end numbers - only a few 3TG 47s had them missing.

Second shot Temple Meads 23/03/92 vinyls swapped but still no end numbers.  Doorside repeater flashes are at the wrong end too, but this was a relatively common liverying error, not just on 47s.

ps these phots are both of the no. 2 end, which had proper glass lenses in the headcode.  The no.1 end had the frosted glass discs.

post-7455-0-35545200-1484510001.jpg

post-7455-0-80569600-1484510011.jpg

Edited by D6975
  • Like 7

Rather worryingly, D6714 and 37041 are both shown still having the ruddy great gouge in the bodyside under the cantrail grilles.  37049 and 37284 both have smooth bodysides though.  I hope that the first two will not be produced as shown on the Bachmann website.  If they have the gouge I won't be buying either.  If not it could be a bit expensive.

Yes indeed, that "gouge" looks like still being present, although the question is, why ? , Model Rail's L/E 37 068  "Grainflow" was produced correctly WITHOUT said gouge, so it's not as if the tooling option is not available..........

Once again it makes the "pre-order" saga a joke, not only do we not get a "realistic" price to work with, but the actual model that's going to be released shortly, is in this case different to what was originally advertised.............

Edited by tractor_37260

This isn't by any means a rant as it's an easy fix from other RF sector loco's but I find it rather strange that Bachmann has never done a loco with the Construction sector markings. Both the 37's and 47s carried it. All the other sectors have been done at least twice so you would have thought Construction sector examples would have sold well. It's almost as if it's been over looked.

• RMweb Premium

This isn't by any means a rant as it's an easy fix from other RF sector loco's but I find it rather strange that Bachmann has never done a loco with the Construction sector markings.

They are, it's still under construction though ;)

• RMweb Gold

47359 was a Thornaby metals sector loco, but was then transferred to Tinsley Speedlink.  It was eventually revinyled into the red diamonds, but did wander all over the place as a speedlink loco in metals sector markings.

Here's a not very crisp photo of 47359 in 'metals' at Oxford - 3.1.1990

post-14351-0-36310700-1484611866_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

This isn't by any means a rant as it's an easy fix from other RF sector loco's but I find it rather strange that Bachmann has never done a loco with the Construction sector markings. Both the 37's and 47s carried it. All the other sectors have been done at least twice so you would have thought Construction sector examples would have sold well. It's almost as if it's been over looked.

but there seems to have been an abundance of Coal sector locos ... particularly Class 37s

• RMweb Gold

Although my main focus these days is N, the 1P may oblige me to build a small 4mm scale Midland BLT layout. I already have a 2P Stanier 0-4-4T which I bought many years ago secondhand. It is a much bashed Triang/Hornby Jinty so probably a little inaccurate but it is a favourite which, sadly, does not run that well. So I will definitely be having one of these.

5 for Coal ... there's also been 37692 as a limited edition and 37796 the latest Class 37/7 with sound

And with 3 RF Metals (37507, 37514 and 37905) plus 2 RF Petroleum (37428 and 37706) the Construction sector does look a bit of a gap...

I can't think of any projects that would need a construction sector 37......... oh, er,, , ;)

Is it a Kadee  or is it one of Bachmann's 'Eeyzee' coupling that they have issued on some of the models of Thrall-built wagons in the past?

Based on one effectively accidental purchase of a Bachmann steel strip wagon, and all the Bachmann HTA's I own, pretty confident that a Bachmann wagon would have their EZmate coupler fitted, a Kadee clone.

Cannot speak for its reliability interoperated with Kadee, but used in a set of all EZmate couplers - a train of many HTA's with an EZmate installed through the bufferbeam of the 66 - it has proved completely reliable.