Finney WC 34048

Just one learning point from the front end:

The front steps are a fold up etch with the top rung as an additional piece. I made the mistake first time of soldering the top rung in place before fitting to the buffer beam and buffers. It is a lot easier to add the top rung when the steps are in place.

Hi David,

Very nicely done. Which rivetting press do you have? My brother has a Metalsmiths one but I do not get on with it, preferring to use an auto centre punch. I keep thinking about investing in the GW one.

Cheers,

Peter

Hi David,

Very nicely done. Which rivetting press do you have? My brother has a Metalsmiths one but I do not get on with it, preferring to use an auto centre punch. I keep thinking about investing in the GW one.

Cheers,

Peter

Peter,

David

So here is the rivet press and the cab:

post-13840-0-40301600-1518344228_thumb.jpg

But more detail on the cab side:

post-13840-0-85245600-1518344278_thumb.jpg

Cab front attached and one side complete

post-13840-0-49136700-1518344329_thumb.jpg

The other side before final bending:

post-13840-0-00597200-1518344348_thumb.jpg

If you follow the instructions it is almost impossible to fit the cab rear over the fall plate. I strongly suggest locating the cab floor in place to the rear piece before adding the detailing and then soldering both pieces together to the cab sides. In the end I had to bend the fall plate to make it fit.

post-13840-0-00783500-1518344398_thumb.jpg

The front window frames took some time to fit, but I got there in the end.

post-13840-0-02501000-1518344416_thumb.jpg

Next the cab detailing.

Edited by david.hill64
  • Like 2

Hi David,

Thanks. Does the workpiece remain flat when you punch the rivets?

Again, nice work on the cab. You mention deviating from the instruction. Are these original MF instructions or the revised F7 ones? You can down load them from the F7 website.

I see from the list of traders you will be at Kettering. If I can get down I'll bring the Duchess for a spin on the test track and will come and say hello.

Cheers,

Peter

Edited by PAD

Hi David,

Thanks. Does the workpiece remain flat when you punch the rivets?

Again, nice work on the cab. You mention deviating from the instruction. Are these original MF instructions or the revised F7 ones? You can down load them from the F7 website.

I see from the list of traders you will be at Kettering. If I can get down I'll bring the Duchess for a spin on the test track and will come and say hello.

Cheers,

Peter

Hi Peter

There is some distortion when the section is very small but little compared to methods where there is no anvil.

I am following the downloaded Finney7 instructions.

Hope to see you at Kettering.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Crediton has now been completed by Paul Moore: an excellent job as usual and many thanks to him for the myriad of small tasks that he had to do as well as painting!

post-13840-0-83669000-1527000847_thumb.jpeg

post-13840-0-32278800-1527000850_thumb.jpeg

Will be on display at Doncaster on the Gladiator stand, which just happens to be next to the Finney stand, so you can pop next door and buy a kit!

• Like 8