305 replies to this topic

#301 MarkSG

MarkSG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationVale of Evesham

Posted 15 January 2018 - 18:05

Sorry Ramrig, can't help, but so you know what you're missing out on, it shows one of the locos in the process of being scrapped, all the upper superstructure has gone, hence you can see the boiler etc clearly

It's probably from a closed group. Do you know which group it is?

I suspect it's this photo, anyway, which is available on less restricted parts of the Internet.

product_3_1_0clip_image029.gif

• Thanks x 2

#302 217 RIVER FLESK

217 RIVER FLESK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 18:14

The​ photo that I've come across is very similar to yours MarkSG, but it must have been taken a few days earlier, as the hand brake stands (or what ever is their correct name) are still in situ, along with some fine oil (?) lines.

​I came across it on the Facebook site Britain's Railways Remembered 

​Actually, after a quick comparison, I wonder if the two photos actually show two different locos?

Edited by 217 RIVER FLESK, 15 January 2018 - 18:17 .

• Informative/Useful x 1

#303 Liddy

Liddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 22:02

Hi, pre-order placed last night for the MR201 early British Railways partial skirts version as for me they just lose a major part of their visual appeal without the cow-catchers. Part of the iconic image of course is the skirts, but that Wahlschearts motion is just too good to miss.

#304 Liddy

Liddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 18:37

Hi, pre-order placed last night for the MR201 early British Railways partial skirts version as for me they just lose a major part of their visual appeal without the cow-catchers. Part of the iconic image of course is the skirts, but that Wahlschearts motion is just too good to miss.

Whoops, can anyone help here please? My bank statement shows that my payment has been refunded. I've not had any notification, does anyone know why this has happened please?

#305 Paul.Uni

Paul.Uni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 19:07

Because of the system used, payment is taken at the point of order and then manually refunded. You will be charged for the model when it is dispatched.

#306 Liddy

Liddy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 20:53

Because of the system used, payment is taken at the point of order and then manually refunded. You will be charged for the model when it is dispatched.

Thank you, now I understand.