Bachmann Rep Limited Editions

WILLIAM

• RMweb Gold

The models are being sold geographically, so for the south-eastern area, you will need to order from a shop in the south-east. For the DRS 47, the northern area starts roughly on a line between the Mersey and Humber, northwards. etc. etc.

From the Bachmann trade open day in Edinburgh, today, most shops are ordering some. So please feel free to look for shops which might not be your normal source of models, they will appreciate your custom.

Might be ringing you for the DRS one then mike

• Like 1

Good work Bachmann.

They really are coming up with some corking ideas this time round ![/quote

Imaginative marketing and a splendid idea.

Yup this a novel idea a Rep to visit shops and keep them up to date, Hornby I think used to do these at one time my local shop hasn't seen one in about 2 years! Think he was a ltd edition!

To be serious a nice idea and a bit different and some nice liveries, a shame for my local they will be competing with Hatton's for there model but I'm sure the regulars will happily buy it locally.

Edited by shunny

• RMweb Gold

Yup this a novel idea a Rep to visit shops and keep them up to date, Hornby I think used to do these at one time my local shop hasn't seen one in about 2 years! Think he was a ltd edition!

To be serious a nice idea and a bit different and some nice liveries, a shame for my local they will be competing with Hatton's for there model but I'm sure the regulars will happily buy it locally.

The trick there is for Bachmann to ensure no one retailer gets a large amount of them. Perhaps the same max number for any one shop?

Roy

• Like 1

I am lead to believe that Hatton's have been asked to not heavily discount this model, and that they have agreed to this.

It must be remembered that like any business, Hatton's are there to make a profit, and if they can command a reasonable selling price, then this will make them more profitable.

• RMweb Gold

I am lead to believe that Hatton's have been asked to not heavily discount this model, and that they have agreed to this.

It must be remembered that like any business, Hatton's are there to make a profit, and if they can command a reasonable selling price, then this will make them more profitable.

Looking at Hattons and the retail price quoted by Derails, Hattons have not discounted it at all. Credit to them.

Roy

• RMweb Gold

I've just preordered the colas one from invicta model railways, seemed painless enough

I need to see what area I'm in geographically before deciding who to buy the DRS one off as I could be the north or could be the midlands, if trident trains is the midlands then c+m will be getting a call

• Agree 1

I've just preordered the colas one from invicta model railways, seemed painless enough

I need to see what area I'm in geographically before deciding who to buy the DRS one off as I could be the north or could be the midlands, if trident trains is the midlands then c+m will be getting a call

Just preordered this too. Though the loco in the picture is 'Demelza'

• RMweb Gold

As an aside, is 47727 the first diesel to have been modelled by three manufacturers in the same livery - Heljan, Vitrains and now Bachmann?

Roy

It is a shame they didn't do the revised livery 47 with the new logos on but hey, a Bachman 47 in colas is good enough for me, I can retire my Heljan Pair once I get it

• Like 1

Anglian version now available to pre-order at Rails of Sheffield (at full RRP).

Along with the DRS one at Hattons at RRP.

What retailers represent West Midlands/Wales. Checked on Lord and Butler/Cheltenham Model Centres websites and nothing yet

Yeah, isn't this great!! Waiting X years for 31/2- XXX, ( fill in your number here), but we can jump over hoooops to get these on sale this year! Tooling dates... no prob!

Thank you Bachmann!

Disillusioned,

Peter C.

• RMweb Gold

Yeah, isn't this great!! Waiting X years for 31/2- XXX, ( fill in your number here), but we can jump over hoooops to get these on sale this year! Tooling dates... no prob!

Thank you Bachmann!

Disillusioned,

Peter C.

But these are just reliveries, most of what we are waiting for are new toolings. Different people involved so I doubt these have had any impact on the other things we are waiting for.

Roy

But these are just reliveries, most of what we are waiting for are new toolings. Different people involved so I doubt these have had any impact on the other things we are waiting for.

Roy

Still have to have a spot in the factory!

Cynical? Moi?

PC

• RMweb Gold

Still have to have a spot in the factory!

Cynical? Moi?

PC

Yes, they have to have a spot in the moulding / painting / assembly / packaging parts of the factory. The design, tooling, artwork will all be done in different area by different people. Look at what Jason at Rapido has said about how one of their models will not influence the time on another, and they are a much smaller concern.

What is ready for the production stages of the factory that we are waiting for? Class 450, 70/8 and Webb coal tank - all of which are due the same time as these rep models. So where is the delay to other models that are at earlier stages?

I too wait for some new releases, however, I think your cynicism is uncalled for here. It may even be that Bachmann have done these to use spare capacity at the production stage?

Roy

• RMweb Premium

I believe it's a different 47 for each area unless you're in the South and it will be a van.

AS others have already suggested I arrived here just in case something was announced to pull or push the 4TC units.  Ah well.  That's another £400+ I don't have to find.  Maybe a 47832 though .... 

• RMweb Gold

Yes, they have to have a spot in the moulding / painting / assembly / packaging parts of the factory. The design, tooling, artwork will all be done in different area by different people. Look at what Jason at Rapido has said about how one of their models will not influence the time on another, and they are a much smaller concern.

What is ready for the production stages of the factory that we are waiting for? Class 450, 70/8 and Webb coal tank - all of which are due the same time as these rep models. So where is the delay to other models that are at earlier stages?

I too wait for some new releases, however, I think your cynicism is uncalled for here. It may even be that Bachmann have done these to use spare capacity at the production stage?

Roy

If Bachmann have got a run of Class 47s it is relatively simple to add additional liveries - in fact this sort of thing often happens with livery based commissions where they are run at the same time as other varieties.

As for damning manufacturers for failing to produce something they mentioned X years ago I can't really understand why there is any fuss - unless of course you are ageing rapidly and might miss it due to your own departure.  Nowadays we get masses of stuff announced and often released in any year - in fact in every year - and yet people are still not 'happy' because their 'pet' hasn't yet appeared or is taking longer than they think it ought to.  There is always a very simple answer - mortgage your home, get your research sorted, go a Chinese factory, and get it made to your specification - mind you it will still be in their timescale - not yours.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As an aside, is 47727 the first diesel to have been modelled by three manufacturers in the same livery - Heljan, Vitrains and now Bachmann?

Roy

D1015 Western Champion in Orange, limited edition for Cheltenham by Lima, Heljan and Dapol

More recently i'd add 73142 in Pullman livery, by Lima, Hornby and Dapol.

37401 comes to mind, Lima, Bachmann and Vitrains

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

D1015 Western Champion in Orange, limited edition for Cheltenham by Lima, Heljan and Dapol

More recently i'd add 73142 in Pullman livery, by Lima, Hornby and Dapol.

Good call! I racked my brain and failed to come up with another. You find two!

Roy

• RMweb Gold

Good call! I racked my brain and failed to come up with another. You find two!

Roy

And another, I'm looking through my records, Lima 37/4s are probably fair game..

37401 comes to mind, Lima, Bachmann and Vitrain large logo blue.

On a roll now..

D8000 in green.. Wrenn/Dublo, Lima and Bachmann

47401 large logo, Lima, vitrains, Hornby

47145 blue rfd Lima, Heljan, Bachmann

Edited by adb968008