Bachmann Rep Limited Editions

WILLIAM

• RMweb Premium

I don't think any more announcements from anyone would be a good idea for a while yet. There is so much announced and on the way already that the available cash in modellers pockets must be reaching the point where there is physically no money left for any more products.

I don't think any more announcements from anyone would be a good idea for a while yet. There is so much announced and on the way already that the available cash in modellers pockets must be reaching the point where there is physically no money left for any more products.

Quite right. A rake of Bachmann Thompson coaches would have been nice but, along with a lot of other stuff, I have had to do without in order to succumb to other temptations. One good thing about the quantity of stuff emerging is that it makes it easier to rule out offerings which have some shortcoming or other.

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately that’s not how it works.

Each manufacturer has people’s wages to pay, factory costs to meet.

Pressing plastic is the only way they currently do it.

more manufacturers means more models, more overall mouths to feed.

As modellers we aren’t forced to buy everything, indeed we can become more fussy.

I do think the overall model pipeline is much less than it used to be, in the last two years much has been delivered against a backdrop of fewer new announcements.

Personally I’ve reduced my preorders, (I used to have 50 plus items on back order at Hattons, all delivered down now to a single Dapol class 29 remaining), and prefer to await an EP before making my mind and placing a preorder, as in the past prices were honoured. (I have in general moved on from Hattons as they have become much less competitive, but hold no grudges i’ll Buy other stuff and their limited editions, as and when needed).

In the game of high stakes poker i’ll Look at the cards before placing a bet now, but i’m Definitely still at the table.

Edited by adb968008

• 4 weeks later...

Package arrived from Derails this am...

I immediately decided to get to work... with 10 minutes one of my 47832 became 47483 (this is temporarily as I discovered I’ve run out of 7’s on my transfer sheet as I intended it to be 47527).

The name plate removes inside 60 seconds completely using just a cocktail stick.

attachicon.gifCB479539-B378-4A6D-8FB4-81370BE1984A.jpeg

attachicon.gifB2C9395F-A93B-4F87-A2D2-2FA074934EFD.jpegattachicon.gif95E6EF19-5CDD-4145-97FE-7C4F27C0D764.jpeg

However given they look so good, I decided to grab a 47/4 appropriate chassis and do the job properly...

attachicon.gifC159FBFA-2346-4317-8C7F-DD42608C2292.jpeg

Fantastic of Little Dan to get this out to me last thing Fridays Mail, and arrived, tested prior to dispatch and in my hand before noon Monday !!!

Now do I need another ?

I got lucky and picked up a pre-owned one from Hatton's earlier this week for a great price - MINT boxed unused condition complete with unopened detailing packet/plates - just to decide now what to change it to...............

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Some new Rep edition 37's were announced today at the Collectors Club outing at the Churnett Valley Railway.

I see on another post that there is an embargo until 4pm on these announcements, so I'll keep Mum until then. Looking forward to placing my order though ;)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

37025, you beauty!

Time to sell in my rails LTD Ed version for the up to date one

That same thought went through my mind when I saw the flyer. I paid a stupid amount for the old Rails LE on eBay, but the "Incorrect" but accurate protrayal of the extra large logo always jarred on me. At least this new version is of the loco as it currently runs today.

• RMweb Gold

32-390DB (EWS one) is a DB suffix, so that'll (probably) be West Midlands, Wales & Ireland - including us - as per the last editions (31-651DB Tamar, 31-660DB Daniel Gooch and 31-788DB Engineers Grey 37).

HTH

Edited by Derails Models

Going by the product codes i would say that the individuals model are from the following region:

37025 (32-780RJ): North of England/ Scotland

37114 (32-781SD): East Anglia/ East Midlands/ Sout Yorkshire

37704 (32-390DB): West Midlands/ Wales