Bachmann Rep Limited Editions

WILLIAM

The model in the pic has footsteps and a boiler filling port, I wonder if the proper release will have them filled in as per the real thing as it says they have changed the roof, buffers etc but no mention of those bits

(Can't believe I've picked up on that, I'm the least picky person when it comes to finding issues with models!)

Regardless, I'm still looking forward to getting this one

Might just be a body they had to hand to illustrate/test the livery.  Always worth an e-mail to Bachmann to check.

• RMweb Gold

Diesels gents?No! You're way off beam...Could be the Western region 16xx pannier.Ooops! Nearly gave the game away.....Fred the Office Boy.

If only we had an "WTF" button!

Completely lost me that has

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Might just be a body they had to hand to illustrate/test the livery.  Always worth an e-mail to Bachmann to check.

That's not how I read the Bachmann website. To me it says that the real loco has been modified as so doesn't match exactly the model as being produced, not that the model has errors that will be corrected to match the real loco.

• RMweb Gold

Diesels gents?

No! You're way off beam...

Could be the Western region 16xx pannier.

Ooops! Nearly gave the game away.....

Fred the Office Boy.

That would be nice.

• RMweb Gold

That's not how I read the Bachmann website. To me it says that the real loco has been modified as so doesn't match exactly the model as being produced, not that the model has errors that will be corrected to match the real loco.

Jim drives the Colas one so maybe he could take a big knife and some steel sheet and gaffer tape to work and modify it to look like the model? :sungum:

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just received e mail from The Hobby Shop Faversham that they have  just seen a pre-production model of  the "Reps Model" Colas 47 and expect delivery September or early October.

That's really interesting. Thank you for posting and letting us know. 

I checked the other day on Hattons on the DRS Compass 47805 model. Delivery is expected December 2017/January 2018. So this model is expected at the same time as the VT & WCRC 47s from the standard Bachmann range. I find it strange that the Colas 47 is arriving before these three models. 

Unless of course the expected delivery date on Hattons for 47805 is incorrect and it could actually be arriving in September/October with the Colas 47. 

That's really interesting. Thank you for posting and letting us know. 

I checked the other day on Hattons on the DRS Compass 47805 model. Delivery is expected December 2017/January 2018. So this model is expected at the same time as the VT & WCRC 47s from the standard Bachmann range. I find it strange that the Colas 47 is arriving before these three models. 

Unless of course the expected delivery date on Hattons for 47805 is incorrect and it could actually be arriving in September/October with the Colas 47. 

I think that with them having seen a pre-production model plus taking photos as well they could be right, however they do state any delays customers will be notified.Also they have the Loco at a good price considering other 47 special edition prices.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I think that with them having seen a pre-production model plus taking photos as well they could be right, however they do state any delays customers will be notified.Also they have the Loco at a good price considering other 47 special edition prices.

Really looking forward to the Colas and DRS 47s. Even though I suspect that the Colas livery on 727 is now outdated I am still hoping to buy 727 because I do think that both the original and new liveries on the Colas 47s look good. 

I'm equally looking forward to the DRS 47. 

It's about time that we see some of these DRS and Colas liveries on Bachmann 47s. 

Really looking forward to the Colas and DRS 47s. Even though I suspect that the Colas livery on 727 is now outdated I am still hoping to buy 727 because I do think that both the original and new liveries on the Colas 47s look good. 

It's about time that we see some of these DRS and Colas liveries on Bachmann 47s. 

Indeed.

There are rumours 47727 is currently being painted either Caledonian Railways blue or Caledonian Sleeper blue for a one year contract.

With 47805 also now sold out of service by DRS that is two more historic liveries Bachmann are delivering !!!

Bachmann did state  on annouchement that Rebecca was  the early Colas livery etc carried as stated in earlier post [106]

Edited by brittannia

• RMweb Premium

The Locomotion ltd ed royal 47 is also said to be due in October which, like the Colas 47, doesn't fit with the January delivery date for the production 47s....

Yes very strange. You would think that they would all be delivered in December/January. The only thing that I can think of is that they might have a spare production slot or two for the smaller Limited Edition batches. Although the slots probably aren't big enough to accommodate the general catalogue Class 47 releases. 

Indeed.

There are rumours 47727 is currently being painted either Caledonian Railways blue or Caledonian Sleeper blue for a one year contract.

With 47805 also now sold out of service by DRS that is two more historic liveries Bachmann are delivering !!!

Thank you very much for letting me know. 

It would be nice to see a Caledonian Blue Class 47. I think even if it appears in blue I will still buy the original Colas liveried 727 release. 

It would be nice if 749 in the new Colas livery was done as a Limited Edition next. 

Bachmann did state  on annouchement that Rebecca was  the early Colas livery etc carried as stated in earlier post [106]

I think I like both of the Colas liveries on the 47s equally. Both the original and new liveries are quite well suited to the Class 47. 

Latest news of Rep Colas 47 from Hobby Shop is that it is now expected December just before the Jan/ feb models

Surprise, surprise. Just waiting for a similar announcement on the Locomotion 'royal' 47.

Still, some more time to save up.

Surprise, surprise. Just waiting for a similar announcement on the Locomotion 'royal' 47.

Still, some more time to save up.

Prince Harry has a different bodyshell to the modern rep models so won't be made in the same batch. All the rep editions have cut down cabs and also the forthcoming 245.

799 and 701 have bufferbeam surrounding and flush number 2 end.

• RMweb Premium

Latest news of  Rep Colas 47 from Hobby Shop is that it is now expected December/ January just before the Jan/ feb models or more probably all together.

Thank you very much for letting us know. I thought that they would all be arriving together. 

That's brilliant because it gives me a chance to save some money. 

Hoping to buy 245, 727 and 805. 

Really looking forward to these 47s arriving. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...