MRJ 252

Adams442T

Just dropped through my letterbox this morning!

Little Bytham by Tony Wright

Small Suppliers Forum

Our first Scale 7 loco by Barry Norman

The R&W and Burtons Buildings by Peter Johnson

A 2 mm Finescale Diesel Shunter by Mick Simpson

The Art of Weathering a Steam Locomotive, Part 1, by Martyn Welch

Looks to be a good one!

There were a few copies of this edition around the O Gauge show in Bristol on Sunday so it wont be long before it's widely available. Always look forward to the latest MRJ.  

Justin

Did notice that on page 2, second column in the Little Bytham article, due to a printers typo, GNR has become GWR :O  (unless the GWR really ran that part of the east coast mainline - now that would be 'alternative facts!)

Appears to be an excellent issue, especially the conversion of the Dapol 7mm Terrier to Scale 7

Did notice that on page 2, second column in the Little Bytham article, GNR has become GWR :O  (unless the GWR really ran that part of the east coast mainline - now that would be 'alternative facts!)

Appears to be an excellent issue, especially the conversion of the Dapol 7mm Terrier to Scale 7

I vote that from here forward, 'Rule 1' is to known as 'alternative facts'

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Did notice that on page 2, second column in the Little Bytham article, GNR has become GWR :O  (unless the GWR really ran that part of the east coast mainline - now that would be 'alternative facts!)

Sounds more like a case of "alternative geography", and all achieved without the blessings of SatNav. :jester:

John

• RMweb Premium

Chris

Not sure ... doesn't "alternative facts" sound a bit like "post truth"?

- Richard.

Very good.

Canada street is most definitely a can't get enough of it layout.

Photos of Little Bytham show a well known layout in a new light and some unexpected details.

No need to comment on the text by the author and owner.

As for the editorial. I smiled to myself to read about sausages.

Love it.

One complaint. When is the second instalment of the Britannia article coming?

Bernard

• RMweb Premium

*** ***** ***** ** ******* ** ****** *** **** *** ***** ***** ***** * **** * ***** *** ***

one reads early at reviews in others but when old stuff shows again I read a issue 252 MRJ

- Richard.

Chris

Ah, but as seen on this forum many times there actually is a "rule 1" whereas alternative facts are just terminological inexactitudes.

Cheers,

David

Did notice that on page 2, second column in the Little Bytham article, due to a printers typo, GNR has become GWR :O  (unless the GWR really ran that part of the east coast mainline - now that would be 'alternative facts!)

Sounds like the Bigliest error ever. I'd note that the platforms of Little Bytham clearly have more people on them than any other previous railway inMRJ history. Period.

It would have been good if it had explained and shown how the Terrier was converted.......instead, all we know is he sent it to someone who did it for him and returned within a couple of weeks.....so non the wiser. Not much use really!

It would have been good if it had explained and shown how the Terrier was converted.......instead, all we know is he sent it to someone who did it for him and returned within a couple of weeks.....so non the wiser. Not much use really!

I suspect that a lathe was involved, but this would surely have been a rather different article (if done properly): it would unreasonable to ask Martyn to describe a process he hadn't done himself. That said, it would be a good opportunity for a follow up article with more of these 7mm RTR items becoming available.

Adam

I suspect that a lathe was involved, but this would surely have been a rather different article (if done properly): it would unreasonable to ask Martyn to describe a process he hadn't done himself. That said, it would be a good opportunity for a follow up article with more of these 7mm RTR items becoming available.

Adam

It wasn't Martyn I was referring to, his article was brilliant. Excellent descriptive captioning including paint reference numbers so one can try for ones self.

Archived