If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello from Devleigh in Devon

Devleigh

Good evening to the RM community.

Just like many others I have been following this site for a while gaining a wealth of knowledge to relight my passion for the hobby from my teenage days (many years ago!) and thought it about time to make my appearance. I currently have a small 8x2' OO gauge layout running BR steam & green diesels based on the mid 1960s WR. The track plan has been loosely adapted from Nick Woods excellent exhibition layout 'Much Murkle' which unfortunately I have only seen in magazines.

The layout is currently in the spare bedroom (work in progress!) as the lovely log cabin that came with the house when we moved here back in February has now been taken by our girls for a lovely insulated kennel. That's where the name Devleigh comes about as its our Kennel name from our other interest showing Bedlington Terriers. As a result I created a 14x8' concrete base ready for a new log cabin to house my railway, but due to the arrival of our 1st litter this has now been used for another kennel. Can't complain though as the other half has said I can have the whole of the spare room for the Railway. As a result I'm now planning on expanding the layout to run from the current branch down to a two line main loop with passing station and fiddle yard and hopefully some form of MPD space permitting. Unfortunately the bedrooms are not very spacious (ex 1920s council house). I have also spent many hours watching the great layouts on YouTube mostly in awe at the size of the layouts! (Dean Park & Penwithers for example) If mine can come anywhere near to the level of detail I have seen I will be more than happy.

Hopefully I will post some pictures of my progress soon, will have to bare with me as I'm a forum newbie!

All the best from Mike (from a currently very wet village Nr Cullompton in Devon)

Archived