Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo

ozamrr 00/HO scale indoor,outdoor garden railway

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#126 ozamrr

ozamrr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationIpswich QLD Australia

Posted 08 December 2017 - 22:59

Hi  Owd Bob and Satan's Goldfish, UK can get quite hot in summer, you would fell it in the low 30's and than bad humidity, I have never seen snow, hopping to get down to the Snowy Mountains in the next couple of years, even though it just be for a weekend, don't know if I will go skying.

Be looking forward to see those pics OB, grass is growing fast, once it dries out I will mow, battery mowers don't like wet grass, I don't let the grass especially in the back yard get too high it is Coach and gets pretty thick as well.

Thanks for the kind words SG, can't believe it be 3 months on Monday 11th, it feel like our son is still alive and he is in his room or on the computer, last few months before he died he got ear phones and they had a mike so he could talk to his gaming friend while playing games, was good for us no gaming noise.

Storms predicted for this afternoon, hope to after the mowing will paint the new lift out bridge and nail down the track, solder in the track plastic brass coated strips to hold the track don in the module bridge joins so the track can be cut  and then the bus feeder wire soldering again, never ending.

The ship project  drawing is under way, the ship is quite long 2.150 meters in 1/87 scale, building the ship  in four sections and join the sections up, out of 1 mm cardboard, she is a water line model., will sit proudly  passing under the double deck bridge.

Tony from down under 

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#127 ozamrr

ozamrr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationIpswich QLD Australia

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:02

The lift out bridge has being painted with track down and used fiberglass coated brass strips to solder the track at the module join, works well, I still need to cut a grove in the brass so it wouldn't short .

Pic one, I saw on a video they used a rubber band but that didn't work, then I came up with the idea use a piece of dowel bingo it worked, I marked on the top of the paint tin rim where to screw in the screws that will hold the dowel in place, it worked, no more  paint in the rim making it hard to seal when banging the lid in and no more splashing of paint on my legs or shorts.

Tomorrow I will be connecting the bus wires to the other the back end of the bus wire plug temporary soldering wires to the track on the bridge both ends and putting power into the track to run the first test loco  across the bridge onto the station module will do a video.

After all that will unscrew the bridge lift it  out the way, fold in the module legs so the two modules can be packed in the shed, when I come back from our holiday to up the north coast Caloundra I will be setting up all the modules   and sections long enough for a three car DMU set .

Nest job after that the spiral, I now have proper ship plans of the Ro, Ro ship I be modelling, she will sit coming out under my double deck road rail bridge being 18 inches high, the spiral will climb 6 inches onto the bridge, other end be a long 30ft ramp  

The next two pics is of the 12 wheel coke tank wagon a good wagon to test having two 6 wheel bogies and wanted to see how the wagon go through the single slip cross over passed in flying colours.

I am having trouble with the picture folder again, at the moment we are slowly getting my picture folders and links over to my sons computer, my lap top is running out of HD space  only has a 256 GB 's HD 

Tony from hot down under., I will be taking the lap top with me , keep an eye on the forum., must check how much space I do have, might hav to put the pic folders onto a  portable HD.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0310  a.jpg
  • IMG_0312  a.jpg
  • IMG_0313  a.jpg
  • 1874734.jpg