Kernow Model Rail Centre - exclusive Bachmann Class 37 Network Rail

Andy Y

Kernow Model Rail Centre Press Release - exclusive Bachmann Class 37 Network Rail

Kernow_NR_Class_37_2s.jpg

We are pleased to announce the arrival of our latest Bachmann exclusive model - 97 304 named "John Tiley" in Network Rail livery with a weathered finish.

This OO Gauge model is limited to 504 pieces and is supplied with etched nameplates and a numbered certificate of authenticity.

The prototype was fitted with ERTMS equipment designed for use on the Cambrian lines but can be seen throughout Network Rail routes working test trains and rail head treatment trains.

Available immediately, the model is £159.99 DCC ready (21 Pin Socket), or £179.99 DCC Fitted or £259.99 DCC Sound Fitted.

Kernow_NR_Class_37_1s.jpg

Direct product links

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/51688/32-777W-Bachmann-Class-37-Diesel-Locomotive-number-97-304

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/51689/32-777WDC-Bachmann-Class-37-Diesel-Locomotive-number-97-304

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/51690/32-777WDS-Bachmann-Class-37-Diesel-Locomotive-number-97-304

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Sweet, ordered one just now, that snuck in under the radar didn't it!

Would be rude not to really as it's one of my regular locos, will go nice with the model rail ltd I picked up last month, (thankfully for the same price as the kernow one or I'd be pretty miffed!)

8F33494F-0A19-450A-A6BA-653CE8BE43C0.jpg

• Like 2

Apropos of nothing I only met John Tiley once or twice, just after he started on BR. 

I did work with his father Keith for a year when I was in the Bristol Divisional Civil Engineers office back in 1977/78

cheers

• RMweb Premium

A nice and useful model, might be a bit tricky to remove one of the fuel tanks to fit the radar equipment. But I am sure someone will manage it.

Yep! Goes to find photos.

edit: found it. It's about 4 years since it made it's debut on Blackmill....

Typically I've already got 97304.......

post-408-0-99335800-1486593023_thumb.jpg

Apart from the obvious ERTMS gear below, it also has these aerials on the roof.

post-408-0-77836200-1486593264_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Fair play to Kernow, announced yesterday and it arrived this morning.  I don't normally like weathered models but I made an exception with this one.

Thanks for posting those pictures. The thought of factory weathering had put me off (as it has done with their Freightliner (ex DRS) Class 66). In reality though, it looks pretty light and easy on the eye in your shots.

Given I'm in Camborne this weekend, I suspect I'll be buying one after all :-)

Cheers

Rob

• Like 3

The thought of factory weathering had put me off (as it has done with their Freightliner (ex DRS) Class 66). In reality though, it looks pretty light and easy on the eye in your shots.

Agreed, following my earlier dismay the weathering does actually look fairly light. 

Well mine arrived this morning, she's an absolute beauty the weathering is just about right on it not too much in my opinion

Will get some pics tomorrow alongside the unweathered MR 97303 if I get a chance

Shame there's not an unwethered version to match the MR version. Be interested to see them together.

• RMweb Gold

Here you go, the look fine together in my opinion they are of course different tooling too, the MR one being the one with smaller cab windows but it's not noticeable, the only other difference I can see is the rad grille on the kernow one is black

34893DBD-3144-475C-B168-1B355E70B3BA.jpg

0BA5FF15-3052-4329-8CE0-C2130E0B5966.jpg

Kernow one next to the model rail granny van

515563BB-DAFD-4918-AC23-F04E8CC0B80C.jpg

CE67161F-84AF-4A4C-B673-059182197CC3.jpg

E5C428A6-6357-404E-90FC-0AD4394B46A4.jpg

• Like 11

Interesting. I always thought that the weak point of the Bachmann model was the front cab windows. IMHO much more noticable that the gouge discussed under “32-781 split headcode class 37”.

The black window surrounds make them look significantly better in my opinion. I wonder if adding similar window surrounds (colour coded of course) to other Bachmann 37s would have the same affect? Never fancied going as far as adding completely new etched window frames.

• RMweb Premium

The black window surrounds make them look significantly better in my opinion. I wonder if adding similar window surrounds (colour coded of course) to other Bachmann 37s would have the same affect? Never fancied going as far as adding completely new etched window frames.

Bearing in mind that 37s have been fitted with high-impact windscreens that need a new metal window surround, rather than the rubber seal of the original screens.

I have only highlighted the black on my yellow and green 37s, but not on the DRS blue ones as you can't really see them. (Easily highlighted by fitting just the outer frame etch from that nice man at Extreme Etchings)

Cheers,

Mick