Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Thanks Tony, I need to build an extension to get the O Gauge in so you never know what might happen next.

As for 47840, It's a Heljan Loco so I would imagine it's taken from the real thing mate.

Good morning Andy

Did some research last night/ i.e got my old spotting books out, and Chris (Mrs MB) on the tablet.

Off the top of my head this morning it looks like North Star went from BR Blue to IC Swallow livery

as 47613 at about the time it was transfered from Canton to Bath Road (May 88).

It passed to Virgin, and was ultimately in your livery prior to withdrawl in 2007 I think.

I suppose it was 'cos it had been a Bath Road loco, which I would have seen so often, that I just "knew" it wasn;t in Blue as

47840 in BR days. (It was that colour as 47613 or 47077 prior to that).

Must admit to feeling good that the old grey cells are obviously still working, sometimes.

Morning Jazzer, I forgot to say that a couple of points are Peco Medium Y's, I like the Y points for some more realistic effects.

attachicon.gifRunning Session with the Blues 019.JPG

attachicon.gifRunning Session with the Blues 013 - Copy.JPG

Thanks for the inlfo Andy. I don’t know whether it’s the camera angle or whether it’s just me but they just looked like custom made points to me. I can see they are peco now you have pointed it out but they do look very good in the context of the yard as a whole. As I have said before I tend to look at the overall picture in OO gauge rather than scrutinising at close range and to that extent I think the whole yard really comes “alive “ very well. I think I will try a Y point myself as a space saver. I have always steered clear of them before as they always look a bit small to me.

Maybe I am getting a bit pedantic these days but the standard is being set so high these days that so many details we didn’t think about years ago are becoming achievable with a bit of thought these days. Each to his own of course but for me I like to see.layouts that near resemblance to the real thing and Kings Moreton has tha quality. Keep the pics coming. I might even grow to like blue diesels. (Ha Ha)

Thanks for the inlfo Andy. I don’t know whether it’s the camera angle or whether it’s just me but they just looked like custom made points to me. I can see they are peco now you have pointed it out but they do look very good in the context of the yard as a whole. As I have said before I tend to look at the overall picture in OO gauge rather than scrutinising at close range and to that extent I think the whole yard really comes “alive “ very well. I think I will try a Y point myself as a space saver. I have always steered clear of them before as they always look a bit small to me.

Maybe I am getting a bit pedantic these days but the standard is being set so high these days that so many details we didn’t think about years ago are becoming achievable with a bit of thought these days. Each to his own of course but for me I like to see.layouts that near resemblance to the real thing and Kings Moreton has tha quality. Keep the pics coming. I might even grow to like blue diesels. (Ha Ha)

Thanks Jazzer, BTW Blue Diesel's are the New Steam hahhah.

My Layout and Modelling would not stand close scrutiny, as maybe Pendon, or Tony Wrights Little Bytham, but it's an overall impression I aim for, and if it looks right from about 5 ft away then that's good enough for me, like my Point Rodding and Signal Wires, it's just a representation, and that is good enough for me.

Cheers again.

• Like 1

Hi Andy

Great videos... nice to see the fiddle yard in No45.

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan, I really wasn't sure if people would like to see behind the scene's butt it turns out to be fairly popular, so will be repeated again soon.

• Like 1

Thanks Alan, I really wasn't sure if people would like to see behind the scene's butt it turns out to be fairly popular, so will be repeated again soon.

It is from life's personal experience that I've learnt it is behind the scenes where all the hard work goes on..... often unnoticed, unacknowledged and taken for granted !

Well done Peter, great stuff...

Regards always...

Bob

It is from life's personal experience that I've learnt it is behind the scenes where all the hard work goes on..... often unnoticed, unacknowledged and taken for granted !

Well done Peter, great stuff...

Regards always...

Bob

I'm guessing you mean me Bob, :sungum: so thanks anyway mate, lots more to come.

I'm guessing you mean me Bob, :sungum: so thanks anyway mate, lots more to come.

Sorry Andy I am having a really bad day....!

Regards....

What's my name again...?

Sorry Andy I am having a really bad day....!

Regards....

What's my name again...?

I know what you mean Bob, today's been like that for me, nothing done, and no enthusiasm to do anything tomorrow yet either,  although I do have to go to Hospital tomorrow for my Cardiac Rehab workout at Lunchtime.

• RMweb Gold

My Layout and Modelling would not stand close scrutiny, a ..

Having had a look at it last night I would disagree.  The videos do not do it justice in terms of the length and work of the layout.  This is probably because Andy puts the camera about halfway down the track when filming so you don't see the whole length and of course the fiddle yard has been well received.

Andy's obviously getting better because he chewed my ear about Nottingham ... a good sign.

Peter

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My Layout and Modelling would not stand close scrutiny, as maybe Pendon, or Tony Wrights Little Bytham, but it's an overall impression I aim for, and if it looks right from about 5 ft away then that's good enough for me, like my Point Rodding and Signal Wires, it's just a representation, and that is good enough for me.

Cheers again.

It looks very good from Australia which is a bit over 15,000 km away.

Having had a look at it last night I would disagree.  The videos do not do it justice in terms of the length and work of the layout.  This is probably because Andy puts the camera about halfway down the track when filming so you don't see the whole length and of course the fiddle yard has been well received.

Andy's obviously getting better because he chewed my ear about Nottingham ... a good sign.

Peter

Morning Peter and thanks for popping around last night, as for the full length, when the weather gets a little warmer, then I'll do some shots from outside the door looking down the full vista.

• Like 1

Morning Peter and thanks for popping around last night, as for the full length, when the weather gets a little warmer, then I'll do some shots from outside the door looking down the full vista.

That'll be outside looking in then and not inside out ......sharp exit ...boom..boom

Loving the videos Andy and showing the fiddle yard is a great idea. Any chance of panning round 360 degrees to show the whole of your empire?

Steve.

Thanks Steve, Nice idea, next time I'll set a slow freight going and follow it around from a  distance and then up close and personal so you get the whole thing in perspective.

• Like 2

That'll be outside looking in then and not inside out ......sharp exit ...boom..boom

That would depend if I had the O Gauge set up in the Drive mate. 

TBH that is something I hadn't thought of until now, I can set the O Gauge up outside on a nice day, just 2 Boards and 3 trestles, easy peasy, lemon squeeeeeezy. :sungum:

Thanks for giving me an idea Martin.

Edited by Andrew P

TBH that is something I hadn't thought of until now, I can set the O Gauge up outside on a nice day, just 2 Boards and 3 trestles, easy peasy, lemon squeeeeeezy. :sungum:

No problem young man always good to bounce ideas around.....not too much heavy lifting though ...

• RMweb Premium

I can just see you dashing about trying to get everything in when the rain starts. :scared: