Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Looks good.  I like the large logo 47 and that bridge as the track work narrows and passes underneath.  Are they point levers/switches for point motors that I can see on one photo?  I am contemplating using motors on some of my hard to reach points but never attempted them before!

Hi Peter, Yes there Peco Switches, some of the Point Motors will be above baseboard as well, I've used them before on Pencarne and they work well.

• Like 1

Thanks Bob, this is what I wanted for quite some time, loads of busy shunting.

Hi Andy....

Reminds me of a colleague on the SVR when he says he's 'only happy when he's shunting'   :sungum:

Bob

Great start there mate ,plenty of shunting opportunitys ,it reminds me a bit of dubmill sidings the 7mm layout

Following as usual

Brian

That was an inspiration, for the Yard Departure sidings at the front.

• Like 1

Bl--dy H-ll Andy you really are motivated on this one mate  :superman: .........have you been to bed this week  :jester: .......I'd be still scratching my head wondering where to start  :dontknow: ......or hang gliding off Blackpool tower with my brain in neutral like I do most days  :blind: ...... Certainly like the scene so far ...best of luck  :fan:

• RMweb Premium

You certainly do not muck around.  More track laid in a few days than most people manage in a year.

I hope you realise you are going to need a very big tombstone to list all your layouts when the time comes.  (Which I hasten to add will be many years from now.)

Hello Mate, Just to say that l can hear all those diesels ticking over from up here in the grim north...Hahahahaha nice one buddy....

Hahhah yes indeed mate, I'll look forward to doing the peace and quiet of the West Country Branch Line soon, with just the sound of the Cows in the Meadow, and the Birds up above.

Great start Andy and it's good to see the BV bridge recycled.

I have only one worry.  I assume the bridge forms the junction between the scenic side and the fiddle yard and the various siding points appear to be situated quite close to the bridge.  Is there not a risk of your shunter plus wagons "disappearing" off scene into the FY in order to shunt the yard?  I had this issue on my previous layout and always found it unsatisfactory visually seeing the partly formed train disappearing in this way.

Count me in as following.

Best Regards,

Brian.

Great start Andy and it's good to see the BV bridge recycled.

I have only one worry.  I assume the bridge forms the junction between the scenic side and the fiddle yard and the various siding points appear to be situated quite close to the bridge.  Is there not a risk of your shunter plus wagons "disappearing" off scene into the FY in order to shunt the yard?  I had this issue on my previous layout and always found it unsatisfactory visually seeing the partly formed train disappearing in this way.

Count me in as following.

Best Regards,

Brian.

Yes Brian, they will be seen and that's what I wanted, strange how we all see, like and dislike one thing. I may or may not put a Backscene up, if I do, I may put some sort of flap to hide some movements.

• Like 2

Hi Andy, when that's finished what are you going to build tomorrow. All the best (Dizzy of Westerham).

Hi Adrian, It's already started mate, :O  look at Post #1 on here and you will see a clear board where BV was ready for another Pencarne type BLT. I will start a thread once the Track is laid.

• Like 2