Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

You're a braver man than I gungerdin.  I would have around 14 feet of wire and posts to erect if I took that route and it is the reason why the stretch of open country beyond Carrog has stalled. Still, your efforts look just the part.

Thanks Larry, I would have thought that yours could be done on the flat / on its side and a small dob of glue just to keep the Post's equal distant apart before fitting into holes.

I look forward to seeing how you do approach it.

Edited by Andrew P

Thanks Larry, I would have thought that yours could be done on the flat / on its side and a small dob of glue just to keep the Post's equal distant apart before fitting into holes.

I look forward to seeing how you do approach it.

From a distance behind a bargepole...  

I already have normal ordinary run-on-the-mill easy-peasy LNWR four bar fencing waiting at the ready...  :biggrin_mini2:

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I know you lot are not big fans of the metric system but I think you will find the recommended spacing is 2.5 cm or 25 mm - not 25 cm.

Although with a 25 cm gap you would only need about 5 or 6 posts - but you would have some real fun getting the tension right in the wire over sloping land!

Obviously you got the right unit of measurement during construction as that is one fine looking fence.

By the way - what are you like at real fencing?

• Like 2

I know you lot are not big fans of the metric system but I think you will find the recommended spacing is 2.5 cm or 25 mm - not 25 cm.

Although with a 25 cm gap you would only need about 5 or 6 posts - but you would have some real fun getting the tension right in the wire over sloping land!

Obviously you got the right unit of measurement during construction as that is one fine looking fence.

By the way - what are you like at real fencing?

Yes of course your right mate, I still cant get my head around Metric, unless I have a ruler or the instructions to hand. One day when I'm Old And Grey then maybe I'll get it right. :O

WHOOPS, Just looked in the mirror,  I AM OLD AND GREY, hahhahah :no:  :no:  :no:

No hope for me then. :sungum:

Well worth the effort.

Hope you are pleased with the result as it transforms the area.

Planning to do any more now you have the hang of it?

Morning Kevin, Thanks again for the suggestion, and I have 15 Post's left over, so I will do some more. I have the other side of the Railway to do yet, and then I have Much Dithering to do at a later date, so will probably need to order some more anyway..

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It's in the Station Mate. :sungum:

Hi Bodge

For most of the time periods Kings Morethanenough is set the bobby would have cycled to work. He would have waved to the station staff as he went down the platform ramp and peddled alongside the track. Only in later days would he have not been able to do so but as you say would have driven to the station and walked along the pathway provided.

• Like 1

Hi Bodge

For most of the time periods Kings Morethanenough is set the bobby would have cycled to work. He would have waved to the station staff as he went down the platform ramp and peddled alongside the track. Only in later days would he have not been able to do so but as you say would have driven to the station and walked along the pathway provided.

This morning I've had the Gangers out with their shovels and they've removed most of the Embankment, once it's re instated, there may be room to get a Car down to the Box.

post-9335-0-45183400-1503570331_thumb.jpg

I've also planted some weeds around the fence post's

post-9335-0-01364500-1503570347_thumb.jpg

And fitted the last of the Fencing and Hedgerow to the Chapel Field.

post-9335-0-87353100-1503570365_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-83992500-1503570386_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

So this afternoons jobs, firstly re instate the Embankment and create the Cinder Track for the Bobby to get to his Box, still a bit to narrow for a Car though.

The Farm Track above will eventually disappear under some Trees.

post-9335-0-54635800-1503591706_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-94948200-1503591726_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-59475300-1503591750_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-45446300-1503591770_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 14

This is really looking great Andy, you certainly have an eye for this scenic stuff.

Regards,

Brian.

Thanks Brian, Like you with the Branch, and now the Colliery, I'm glad I did away with the Depot as I just love doing the Scenics, mind you, I still wish I had a Depot somewhere. 

• Like 1

Oh, nothing like good tidy. Looking ready for the weekend! So jealous.

Cheers Scott, I do like at least one running session per week to keep the motivation and interest going,but last week I was so busy, and with so much C R A P on top I couldn't be bothered to move it all. So that's why this weekend will be good and needed.

That looks superb! Love the sweeping curves of the lines, excellent stuff.

all the best,

Keith

Thanks Keith, I don't like strait lines, but have had to have them through Dore End Station and over the Canal / Door / Lift out Section, so I've made up for it all down this side with a nice long reverse curve, it really comes in to it's own when the Coal Train comes through.

• Like 3