Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Looking good!  That first shot of the 9F stood alongside the puddle, looks like it was taken an hour or two after the fireman had been using the blowdown valve!

Nice work as ever mate.

Rich

• RMweb Premium

I have noticed that there are four types of modeller,

The engineer type who likes to build things, no matter how good and accurate it is still a very good model.  

The collector type who likes to buy things, and with what he has brought has a very enjoyable model railway.

The know it type who never does anything but can be a wealth of information.

The arty type who can make things look realistic and lived in like our Mr P does with his layouts.

• Like 5

I have noticed that there are four types of modeller,

The engineer type who likes to build things, no matter how good and accurate it is still a very good model.  

The collector type who likes to buy things, and with what he has brought has a very enjoyable model railway.

The know it type who never does anything but can be a wealth of information.

The arty type who can make things look realistic and lived in like our Mr P does with his layouts.

Clive, Only four types?

Put out a shingle on RMWebb and you could find there are more!  But then you should know that.

And of course, there those of us who might just span more than one type.  Happy to build things, weather things, buy things, ignore expert advice by invoking Rule 1.  Etc., etc.  Real hybrid modellers, brought about by one's age and time left to complete what needs to be done.

Paul

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Clive, Only four types?

Put out a shingle on RMWebb and you could find there are more!  But then you should know that.

And of course, there those of us who might just span more than one type.  Happy to build things, weather things, buy things, ignore expert advice by invoking Rule 1.  Etc., etc.  Real hybrid modellers, brought about by one's age and time left to complete what needs to be done.

Paul

Hi Paul

There are the sub groups within the main grouping and of course some people do fall into more than one group, take me engineer type, collector type, know-it-all type but I cannot call myself arty type. 

Cheers Guys, Thanks for all the comments, and as for the Artist bit, well I wouldn't know where to start with a Kit or Scratch building a Loco or coach, so each to his or her own, and long may it be that way so that we can all admire the skill and dedication of others work.

I think I need a stiff running session after that. :sungum:

• Like 3

Hello Andy,  l thought it wouldn't be long for another 100ft of track and sidings would appear Hahahahahaha l am cruising on the med and just looked in on the ships computer to have a catch up, those sidings look a lot better mate and gives you more operational intrest,  l love the over grown look great stuff....

PS Those Fowlers look the part mate, excellent...

Hello Andy,  l thought it wouldn't be long for another 100ft of track and sidings would appear Hahahahahaha l am cruising on the med and just looked in on the ships computer to have a catch up, those sidings look a lot better mate and gives you more operational intrest,  l love the over grown look great stuff....

PS Those Fowlers look the part mate, excellent...

Cheers George, I thought, whats he doing posting when he should be in the Ships Bar or Pool hahha, :sungum:

Cheers.

• Like 1

Hi Andy

I thought you told me that there wasn't a lot to catch up on :O

It's taken me most of the day to read the posts and watch the videos. An amazing amount of progress with the track work sitting in the landscape.

I have to agree with many of the comments above about the standard of this layout. Absolutely stunning.

Hope you're feeling better soon

Puddles look good :)  Lovely to see some BR Late Crest :)

Morning Dan and thanks, I wanted to do a few puddles just to give the Yard a bit of character and take away the blandness of the sidings, I'm very pleased with them.

• Like 1

Hi Andy

I thought you told me that there wasn't a lot to catch up on :O

It's taken me most of the day to read the posts and watch the videos. An amazing amount of progress with the track work sitting in the landscape.

I have to agree with many of the comments above about the standard of this layout. Absolutely stunning.

Hope you're feeling better soon

Hi Duncan, firstly it's good to see you back mate, and I hope your Family problems are now getting sorted.

When we spoke on the phone last week, In my mind, I didn't think I'd done much since you were last around, but I'd forgotten about the Videos, the cough is still here so another day or two I should be outside again to finish off the Yard and get onto the next bit, that will probably be re looking at the Goods Yard.

Keep in touch and when your working up this way next, give me a ring, and we'll arrange a visit.

Yes, hope your better soon, Andy. I'm missing my morning fix of KM in TOPS. Trevor

Good morning Trevor, I only start coughing when I'm talking and breathing, so I've stopped doing the former, but don't want to stop doing the latter just yet, hahah

More regular up dates again soon I hope.

Well I hope to get back into TOPS tomorrow, I've spent the last week and a half doing some paintings of Llyn Tegid / Bala Lake, for a Gallery, and now there done, and the cough is clearing up a bit, I may feel more like getting out there in the morning and having a good tidy up, it needs it badly.

post-9335-0-61203600-1508430588_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-90418200-1508430610_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-33914200-1508430633_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-41257600-1508430656_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Well I hope to get back into TOPS tomorrow, I've spent the last week and a half doing some paintings of Llyn Tegid / Bala Lake, for a Gallery, and now there done, and the cough is clearing up a bit, I may feel more like getting out there in the morning and having a good tidy up, it needs it badly.

attachicon.gifAcrylics Oct 2017 001.JPG

attachicon.gifAcrylics Oct 2017 002.JPG

attachicon.gifAcrylics Oct 2017 003.JPG

attachicon.gifAcrylics Oct 2017 004.JPG

Very nice Andy. I used to sail there from time to time in the 1970s with a university mate.

• Like 1

Thanks Guys, and much appreciated your comments above.

This morning I've been out and wired in the 5 Point Motors for the New Yard into the switch panel, so just the last two Signals to add Looms to, and then fit at the down end of the Platforms, and that will be all the wiring completed.

• Like 4