Neumünster. Northern Germany

Judge Dread

Modellbau Schleswig-Holstein

Advanced warning for anyone who may find themselves with nothing much to do in Northern Germany in a couple of weeks time.

I shall be, with my son-in-law, at the Holstenhallen in Neumünster with my layout Meopham East Junction during the weekend March 4th & 5th.

That show is a long drive for us even taking in the fact we are from Hull and the ferry is only 3 miles from home. Europoort is 360+ miles each way from Neumünster. We expect to top the 900 miles round trip in the 4 days we will be away. We must be mad but after doing this trip twice before and each time having a wonderful reception, I could not turn down a third trip.

See you there?

Just back this morning after a wonderful weekend. Van went well as did the layout. Accommodation was just what we have come to expect, perfect. The only disappointment was a very noisey crossing thanks to an indifferent rock band, two floors below our cabin keeping us awake until about 2.30am. Booking in for the return crossing I mentioned this and was told to ask the Purser for another cabin. This he did, to an outer cabin and a perfect night's sleep was had.

My expectation of topping 900 miles was also lost as the final total was only 857 miles. The hopes of seeing a fellow RMWeb member also didn't happen.

Many thanks Herr Willi. 

Archived