BRM Spring 2017

SteveCole

• Administrators
Hi all,

The new Spring 2017 issue of BRM is now available to download as a Digital Edition. You'll notice that this month's Digital Edition includes a lot of extra images. The print version will be in shops around the UK from Thursday.

We really hope you like this month's magazine. It features a few design tweaks and we've worked hard to include a variety of layouts and practical articles in OO, N and O. It also includes the British Model Railway Awards results and a review of Heljan's new 1361 & 1366 0-6-0 tanks. Below is a full list of what's inside this month's magazine.

Enjoy,

Steve

post-14186-0-93514600-1487927699.jpg

***INCLUDES BRM TV DVD*** 

In this episode of BRM TV...

•  Clarendon in action

•  How to make a river

•  Watch us build a N gauge kit

Layouts

• Hope-under Dinmore 

• Smoke and Mirrors 

• Ludlow

• Forest Gate Parkway

Practical

Wickham Shed Diorama: a step-by-step guide to building a Wickham Trolley shed

Detail a 1970s Station Platform: we show you how to add distinctive 1970's features

Enhance Bachmann's New Thompson Coaches: add finishing touches to Bachmann's latest LNER/BR carriages

Add a Smoking Chimney: want an industrial layout feature  to further enhance your model railway? We show you how.

Build an N Gauge bridge Kit: we build a laser-cut bridge kit 

Model a local icon: we share how a new kit representing an historic 15th century building can be improved

Fit DCC to a Wickham Trolley: try this elegant conversion of Bachmann's new railway engineering personnel carrier from DC to DCC

News & Reviews

Products: a trip to the London Toy Fair yielded announcements from Oxford Rail and updates from Bachmann and Hornby.

Reviews: we examine Heljan's 1366, Dapol's 'Black Label' A4, Bachmann's Class 57/6, S&DJR 7F 2-8-0 and its new Highland coach pack.

British Model Railway Awards: Find out who has been voted the best of 2016 for each category.

Plus

• Interview with scalemodelscenery.com

• Trackplan Archive

• Industry Insider

• RMweb Gold

Had a quick scan through.. Very good.. For those that haven't yet, there are a couple of the reviews which have whole galleries attached. The Gresley A4 for example has 5 shots, the cab interior, the tender to loco cable join, the underside of the tender, the tender and the top off the loco showing motor and other bits. This is what digital editions are all about. Thanks BRM.

I doubt that its creators and operators will appreciate it being described as OO on the front cover.

Yes; that is an error and I'm sure I can find someone to blame. ;). It's very clear inside that it's EM and I'd be hopeful that the South Hants MRC can forgive us (as they're a really decent bunch).

Have you had a look inside yet Chris or are you just picking from Steve's image?

• Administrators

Had a quick scan through.. Very good.. For those that haven't yet, there are a couple of the reviews which have whole galleries attached. The Gresley A4 for example has 5 shots, the cab interior, the tender to loco cable join, the underside of the tender, the tender and the top off the loco showing motor and other bits. This is what digital editions are all about. Thanks BRM.

Thank you. We have some really exciting ideas on how to take the Digital Edition forward. This month is just the start...

Have you had a look inside yet Chris or are you just picking from Steve's image?

I could not help spotting the reference in the picture of the cover in Steve's post above.  I am a print subscriber and await Postie's pleasure.

Chris

Subs copy not arrived yet - has there been any problems with distribution like last month?

Hi John

Like you I am a subscriber so as I had not received the March issue I rang Warners and found a prerecorded message saying dispatch had been delayed and that it should be with me by Monday. Didn't say which Monday though!!!

Stewart

Problems dispatching again? I subscribed in october last year and every single issue hs arrived after publication in the shops. Time to cancel the forect debit i think.

I don't think it will be 'every single issue'; you were very unlucky if your January issue arrived late, the print department sent them out a couple of weeks before it went on sale in the shops! Only once has mine arrived later than the shop issues; that was last month.

I don't think it will be 'every single issue'; you were very unlucky if your January issue arrived late, the print department sent them out a couple of weeks before it went on sale in the shops! Only once has mine arrived later than the shop issues; that was last month.

I got my January one on the Thursday or Friday before Xmas. which was 2 weeks before the appeared in the shops. Last month it came on the Thursday they went in the shops and I hope mine will come tomorrow on day it will be in the shops again. I'd like to get it early but at least i don't have to waste any time or petrol trying to find a copy in Sainsbury's or the like.

• RMweb Gold

Not more bloody Great Western......  :read:

Not all, Hope-under-Dinmore which is the layout on the front cover and the one you are presumably referring to is based on the Shrewsbury - Hereford line which was jointly operated by the LNWR and the GWR, Having not seen the article yet, hopefully Andy has pictures in it that equally represent both companies :D.

Andy

The Hope crew forgive you, mistakes do happen, BRM can buy the beers at Ally Pally in recompense :prankster: .

Received my copy this morning and it looks a cracker! 

I was with the owner/builder of Forest gate parkway last night and he was thrilled (and still waiting) to receive his subs copy, so he went and got the digital version too. I've only scanned through the magazine and it looks great, and I can assure you that Forest Gate Parkway looks just as good live (it is at the show I am organising for Pontypridd MRC on April 22- blatant plug), well worth seeing. I am told by a well known local retailer that Modern Image is the biggest selling sector for them, and after seeing the Dapol 68 fly out of the shops I'm not surprised. it's not just the variety, and volume, of Graham's stock but his modelling of the station and other detailing is top notch too.

I'm really glad I subscribed to BRM on my visit to Warley last November.

• Administrators

Hi all,

I just wanted to explain (and apologise) for the late subscription deliveries. As some of you have stated, BRM March and BRM Spring were late in being posted which meant both issues arrived with subscribers either on the on-sale date, or the day after.

I'm not going to lie and make excuses. As a subscriber you should receive your copy a few days prior to the on-sale date. I was only made aware of the late delivery yesterday and have insisted that BRM's mailing is brought forward two days to give us a cushion period should problems arise. I've also put it in my diary to chase up our mailing department a few days prior to the posting date, mainly to keep them on their toes.

Sorry for this everyone. I'm on the case!

Steve

Publisher

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for that Steve. Still not had mine yet, so hopefully it will turn up tomorrow.

My problem is having for the BARN calendar up, my lad wants to know where the magazine is! Difficult explaining this to a 4 year old.

Archived