C&L to have new ownership

Phil will be at Railex this weekend and I will be giving him a hand, I can find out when the mail order site will be open and report back, or if it help happy to pick up a few bits which I could post to you

The diamond crossings are quite easy, unless you wish to curve them

Select a turnout of the correct crossing angle

From the toolbar click on tools

Click the make a diamond crossing dialog  

Any news on the timing of mail order availability? I'm down to my last 2 lengths of rail and still much to do.

OR

Just press shift and F1 keys at the same time

Either way you have a diamond crossing

How did that happen?

If I can't get the hang of posting on this site, what chance do I have of mastering Templot?

For me, everything is a challenge.

Anyhow. Any news on C and L mail order timing?

Thanks,

Challenged for Durham

• RMweb Gold

How did that happen?

If I can't get the hang of posting on this site, what chance do I have of mastering Templot?

Thanks,

Challenged for Durham

Hang on in there.

I'm the biggest computer dumpling going, and I've managed to print off some Templot pointwork, only standard one offs mind you, but, it's a start.

In the spirit of in at the deep end, the next project is a 48" radius curved point going to 4 tracks! What can possibly go wrong?

The help sections are very useful.

Mike.

• Like 1

How did that happen?

Thanks,

Challenged for Durham

Not spoken with Phil since Railex when he thought it would be from the end of the second week in June. He has the stock which runs into hundreds of boxes, and is having to put all of these in order, once he is happy with the C&L and Exactoscale track parts the website will become live, he does not want to fall into the trap of advertising items which are out of stock

The rest of what is left of the Exactoscale range will follow when each group of items are sorted.

Hang on in there.

I'm the biggest computer dumpling going, and I've managed to print off some Templot pointwork, only standard one offs mind you, but, it's a start.

In the spirit of in at the deep end, the next project is a 48" radius curved point going to 4 tracks! What can possibly go wrong?

The help sections are very useful.

Mike.

Mike as you have said, it is very easy to produce basic turnout templates. Only needs a few clicks of the mouse. Help is always at hand either on the Templot forum or here

Ian

I am not too certain, starting to run the business rather than go to a show every two weeks is quite different. To start off with it will be I guess a time of consolidation of the existing C&L/Exactoscale track business, he is thinking about continuing some of the other Exactoscale products, but that's not decided. I think he will also be selling a small range of 0 gauge locos and wagons. He has thoughts of extending other track parts for different scales to complement the existing range.

I give Phil a hand from time to time (had to decline York) and waiting for a call about Bracknell and Railex. At worst I will be going as a visitor and no doubt will cover for tea and lunch breaks, so can catch up

I would expect there will be a period of just bedding in the business, taking stock of both the components and mail order side and increasing the number of shows attending. I would expect both development and expansion of the business will take time

He may be like Pete and keep away from the web sites, on the other hand see it as part of the promotion of the business. The good news is that he is an active modeller (whether he will now get time to model is another story)

Pete told me he gave up on these sites owing to the attitude of some of the posters. Please remember some traders have thicker skins than others. There are those who do it as a hobby and receive little in reward, others have a business to run and have a family to support.

Toy trains and the World Wide Web.

A volatile mix.

(Just short of a couple of lengths of  00 Bullhead) - any idea when - no pressure :D

Ian

Toy trains and the World Wide Web.

A volatile mix.

(Just short of a couple of lengths of  00 Bullhead) - any idea when - no pressure :D

Ian

Not spoken with Phil since Railex, the job of sorting out the stock is far greater than he expected in both volume and time it takes. He is not going to put the website back on until he has sorted all the track components, his estimate 10 days ago was 2 weeks so it should be quite soon now. has to balance not letting people down against starting to trade as soon as possible. He has honoured the shows he committed to which has been a distraction in sorting out the stock, but as well as a source of income has been of assistance of those who could attend the shows

Not spoken with Phil since Railex, the job of sorting out the stock is far greater than he expected in both volume and time it takes. He is not going to put the website back on until he has sorted all the track components, his estimate 10 days ago was 2 weeks so it should be quite soon now. has to balance not letting people down against starting to trade as soon as possible. He has honoured the shows he committed to which has been a distraction in sorting out the stock, but as well as a source of income has been of assistance of those who could attend the shows

Hello John,

Thanks for keeping us all us to date on developments.

The down side is: I'm now completely out of nickel silver code 75 bullhead so the job is stopped?

The up side is I'm on holiday so it's not the end of the world.

The down side is I'm back home on Monday next week (20th) and will not be able to restart until I can get more bullhead (and find out how to use Templot).

The up side is I'll be driving back to the UK on the Sunday/Monday (19th/20th) so could collect said bullhead (something Brain was happy to deal with - Remember Brian?).

The down side is that I'm not sure if the new owner is happy with home collections.

Could you help?

Bob

Hello John,

Thanks for keeping us all us to date on developments.

The down side is: I'm now completely out of nickel silver code 75 bullhead so the job is stopped?

The up side is I'm on holiday so it's not the end of the world.

The down side is I'm back home on Monday next week (20th) and will not be able to restart until I can get more bullhead (and find out how to use Templot).

The up side is I'll be driving back to the UK on the Sunday/Monday (19th/20th) so could collect said bullhead (something Brain was happy to deal with - Remember Brian?).

The down side is that I'm not sure if the new owner is happy with home collections.

Could you help?

Bob

I presume that you want the HiNi version - if not, then the ordinary Nickel Silver is available from other sources such as Marcway, or if you are a member, EMGS. How much HiNi did you want? I have some to spare but not a lot.

• RMweb Gold

I presume that you want the HiNi version - if not, then the ordinary Nickel Silver is available from other sources such as Marcway, or if you are a member, EMGS.

Although not yet listed on their impossible web site, Peco normally supply all their rail sections separately, and this will presumably include their new bullhead nickel-silver rail. An email to Peco TAB would be worthwhile:  http://www.peco-uk.com/page.asp?id=advice

Martin.

Although not yet listed on their impossible web site, Peco normally supply all their rail sections separately, and this will presumably include their new bullhead nickel-silver rail. An email to Peco TAB would be worthwhile:  http://www.peco-uk.com/page.asp?id=advice

Martin.

Ah if only this were true! Has anybody actually managed to find a source for their Code 124 rail which they actually have in stock? No good asking PECO, they will just tell you ask your local model shop to order it! Which is of course is catch 22.

Edited by Stephen Freeman

I presume that you want the HiNi version - if not, then the ordinary Nickel Silver is available from other sources such as Marcway, or if you are a member, EMGS. How much HiNi did you want? I have some to spare but not a lot.

Hello Stephen,

I've started with HiNi so I should continue with it. As I recall from using the Marcway product, it's a bit yellow by comparison.

Anyhow, if I were to use the Marcway, I've got plenty used SMP track I could recycle.

I'm halfway through a double junction and then have 2 cross overs to do so probably need a full pack.

I am told that the C & L site may be open for business this week so that might solve my problem.

Anyway, thanks for your offer. I hope you don't mind if I get back to you if there is further delay on the C & L availability direct?

Bob

• RMweb Gold

No good asking PECO, they will just tell you ask your local model shop to order it! Which is of course is catch 22.

If you ask Peco, that's what they say, because they are not going to undermine their dealers. But if you simply go ahead and order from Peco TAB, quoting your credit card number, they will supply direct.

Or at least, they used to do so. I did that regularly a few years ago for some of their more obscure 0 gauge items, but not recently.

Of course, you get charged the full RRP and postage.

Martin.

Ah if only this were true! Has anybody actually managed to find a source for their Code 124 rail which they actually have in stock? No good asking PECO, they will just tell you ask your local model shop to order it! Which is of course is catch 22.

Hi Stephen,

Not quite true, I ordered directly from them by telephone Code 124 O Gauge IL-7BH Individulay together with some chairs ( also bought some through my local model shop too a few weeks earlier. The lady I spoke to at Pekaboo was very helpful and put me through to the sales desk within minutes.

I ordered from them mainly due to not knowing what the possible wait from C & L will be. Also to be frank, I've just started in 0 Gauge and wanted to see if I could produce some points and wanted to get on ! 

Using Templot rather than the Peco downloads has helped enormously.

ATB

Grahame

Hi Stephen

I recently ordered Individulay parts and code 124 rail from Gaugemaster.  In stock items were sent quickly and out of stock items were supplied within a couple of weeks without any problems.

Regards.

Hi Stephen

I recently ordered Individulay parts and code 124 rail from Gaugemaster.  In stock items were sent quickly and out of stock items were supplied within a couple of weeks without any problems.

Regards.

I had no problems obtaining chairs, it was the rail I was after, I will if local shop can get some for me

Very surprised but what you said (?). I rang Peco direct and they were very happy to take order over the phone and got 3 packs of code 124 rail last week, but you will have to pay postage of course.

Spoken with Phil this morning, sadly the website will not be up and running until either the end of this month or the beginning of July.

The reasons are that he wants to make sure exactly what stock he has prior to the site reopening, to save disappointment

The person who will administer the website is away at the moment

Preparation, attendance and travel to shows is slowing down the sorting and audit of stock, with Perth taking up 5 rather than the normal 3 days for a 2 day show

The good news is he is making progress

He will have stock at Watford this Saturday at the S4 AGM meeting

And Perth the following weekend

Edited by hayfield

I've just about got enough 7mm stuff to keep me going till then, 4mm is less of a problem as I can always top up with most things from EMGS (except of course HiNi).

I will be needing to obtain a fair quantity of  0 gauge stuff pretty soon though and I don't really want to have to use the PECO stuff unless I can't help it, as their chairs don't really stand comparison IMHO.

I had the opportunity to talk to Phil today. I raised the matter of ongoing production and development of the Exactoscale wheel range. While emphasising that the priority has to be re-establishing the (income from the) track component range, he intends that they should reappear so long as the demand promises a sustainable return. Phil recognises that more could have been done in the past to raise the profile of the range, so hopefully we can look forward to something of a 're-launch'. Having raised the question of new additions and received a similar answer as for re-introduction, I broached the possibility of "crowd funding". The speed of Phil's answer suggested that he may already have been considering this route to market. I couldn't resist quantifying my case for WD and 9F wheels before I moved on! I sensed it was significant for him that I wouldn't consider he equivalent from an alternative supplier.

So all in all, quite positive, I feel.

The Nim.

• Like 1