Rails of Sheffield Exclusive Class 66 727 'Maritime One' GBRf Maritime Diesel Locomotive

Oliver Rails

• RMweb Gold

Looks great and already pre-ordered.

Likewise (along with Poppy also) - Pleased to see Rails join the list of retailers supporting limited editions of these less common liveries too.

I'm going to need a new shed to store all my sheds in......

Cheers

Rob

• Like 2

Do you have to pay upfront to pre-order?

Kernow's Class 37 Network Rail and 2 Class 68's all with sound have battered me...also one more thing would Rails be able to fit sound at time of shipment?

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Premium

Get rid of one of the duplicate livery (66135 or 66200) and there's a space :sungum:

No can do. 135 is weathered and 200 isn't, therefore I count them as seperate liveries ;)

I betcha he buys another cabinet instead!

Ahead of you on that one.

post-22167-0-94960900-1488831174_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Do you have to pay upfront to pre-order?

Kernow's Class 37 Network Rail and 2 Class 68's all with sound have battered me...also one more thing would Rails be able to fit sound at time of shipment?

Hi, No upfront payment is needed. The order is only processed once the model is in stock.

Yes we would be happy to supply and fit sound into the loco once it is in, you can either order on the website or drop us an email if you were wanting more help with sound etc and our staff would be more than happy to help you.

Thanks

Oliver

• RMweb Premium

Where do you get those types of cabinets from as they look really good for model locomotives.

Are these the Lidl ones? Do you have them secured to wall?

Yes, Lidl. They've done them the last 4 or 5 years, always the week before Xmas as a special. Last year they were £59 each or 2 for £100.

They're just floor standing but I have wedges under the front feet, which is keeping the tipped back onto the wall with no danger of falling. They are designed to be either floor or wall mounted. It's a spare bedroom that was destined for a planned model railway this year, but it's on hold as it looks likely that I'll be moving house this year.

Hi, No upfront payment is needed. The order is only processed once the model is in stock.

Yes we would be happy to supply and fit sound into the loco once it is in, you can either order on the website or drop us an email if you were wanting more help with sound etc and our staff would be more than happy to help you.

Thanks

Oliver

Excellent thanks for that, will order both 66's and arrange to get sound fitted once they arrive.

Do you have an eta at this stage?

Cheers

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Looks great, can't wait to get it.

Any idea when it will be ready?

Hi, Availability should be mid January. We are currently in talks to see about having part delivery early in time for Christmas, however this is to be confirmed and I shall let you know if this goes ahead.

Thanks

Oliver

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Oliver,

Noticed today on the Rails web shop that you now have DCC Sound & Weathering options for both Poppy & Maritime One.

For the ESU V4 sound chip who's sound project are you going to use?

For the weathering will the customer have options to choose from or will it be one grade of weathering i.e. light, medium or heavy?

Lastly, would the customer be able to choose DCC Sound & Weathered?

Regards

Steve

Edited by classy52

Hi Oliver,

Noticed today on the Rails web shop that you now have DCC Sound & Weathering options for both Poppy & Maritime One.

For the ESU V4 sound chip who's sound project are you going to use?

For the weathering will the customer have options to choose from or will it be one grade of weathering i.e. light, medium or heavy?

Lastly, would the customer be able to choose DCC Sound & Weathered?

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your message.

Yes it will be the ESU V4.0 sound chip using the south west digital sounds.

When ordering weathering we can put special request for the grade of weathering yes but this would need to be made at the point of ordering and a special order will be sent. The standard weathering is usually medium.

If you were wanting sound and weathering, you would simply order the DCC sound version and then also add the custom weathering product:

https://railsofsheffield.com/custom-weathering-service-n-oo-gauge-locos-only--JJJA32284

Thanks

Oliver

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi, Availability should be mid January. We are currently in talks to see about having part delivery early in time for Christmas, however this is to be confirmed and I shall let you know if this goes ahead.

Thanks

Oliver

Hi Oliver - Did you have any joy in relation to pre Xmas delivery by any chance?