SWAG 2017 - Lineup, Details, Catering - all you need to know

Stubby47

Quick appeal - does anyone have a cash box that can be used on the day ?

Two are required.

Thanks

Me! I have two lockable metal cash boxes. Though I shall need one for the Bring & Buy stall.

Edited by Phil Copleston

• RMweb Gold

Just a reminder to those attending the Saturday evening that they need to advise me of their Starter and menu choices as soon as possible via PM (do not ring them direct to the venue as in previsous years) or if you have not indicated you are coming at all yet please do so via PM

I will send a reminder PM out soon to those whom have not responded yet, but it would be useful if you can advise me first...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Tinners Forge has been wired for both DC and DCC.

As I don't have any DCC equipment, can I request someone could bring a DCC controller and a sound equiped loco/s to the member's day to try on TF ?

I'm hoping the planned acoustics are correct to enhance the loco sounds.

Cheers

Stu

Hello fellow RMwebers,

Roll up, roll up - announcing the SWAG 'BRING & BUY' STAND will be at the forthcoming RMweb SWAG Taunton meeting, Sunday, 30th April 2017.

Turn all your unwanted goodies into dosh (so you can spend it on other stuff!). 10% of all sales will go to our supported charity. There will be at least a 3m long table at the venue - so plenty of room to display and sell all that stuff lurking at the bottom of your gloat boxes, or tools, modelling equipment, or part-built or finished models. Please bring along whatever you can.

And to prospective purchasers - here's your chance to rummage and pick up a bargain

Attached is the Bring & Buy form (as a pdf) for you to download, print off and complete if you have things to sell. If you need more forms on the day, I shall have spare copies and additional labels just in case. Please read the instructions on the back of the form.

See you on the day!

RMweb SWAG Taunton Meeting, 30 Apr 2017 - Bring & Buy Form.pdf

Edited by Phil Copleston
  • Like 6

Hi Malcolm, welcome to the forum.

No, there is no 'joining' ceremony or initiation procedure, just turn up on the day and you'll be made very welcome.

Stu

What ? No tar and feathers ! Humph :)

• RMweb Premium

Hi Malcolm, welcome to the forum.

No, there is no 'joining' ceremony or initiation procedure, just turn up on the day and you'll be made very welcome.

Stu

Though it may help if you arrive with a parsnip in each ear and a turnip balanced on your nose.

• RMweb Gold

What ? No tar and feathers ! Humph :)

Though it may help if you arrive with a parsnip in each ear and a turnip balanced on your nose.

You lot don't know when to keep quiet..., we almost had him there...

• RMweb Gold

With just over two weeks to go I am happy to report that all the behind-the-scenes planning and preparation is going very well indeed.

All we need now is fine weather for the weekend and a steady flow of members visiting the Members' Day.

The catering provision should be on a par with previous events, so come and enjoy a pasty & some cake.

Don't forget to pre-order anything you might want from either Dave or Chris, our trade stands for the day, and bring your unwanted items for the Bring & Buy stall.

See you all soon.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

With just over two weeks to go I am happy to report that all the behind-the-scenes planning and preparation is going very well indeed.

All we need now is fine weather for the weekend and a steady flow of members visiting the Members' Day.

The catering provision should be on a par with previous events, so come and enjoy a pasty & some cake.

Don't forget to pre-order anything you might want from either Dave or Chris, our trade stands for the day, and bring your unwanted items for the Bring & Buy stall.

See you all soon.

Thank you Stu - Chris has already checked with me to bring certain of my pre-orders along (don't get excited folks, they are not D6XX - alas).  But a good reminder for everybody as Chris, and no doubt Dave, are very good at meshing pre-orders with personal handover at SWAG.  A great shame that 'Not Jeremy' won't be with us this year.

Edit to correct trypo

Edited by The Stationmaster

See you all soon.

Am I allowed to panic yet?

Thank you Stu - Chris has already checked with me to bring certain of my pre-orders along (don't get excited folks, they are not D6XX - alas).  But a good reminder for everybody as Chris, and no doubt Dave, are very good at meshing pre-orders with personal handover at SWAG.  A great shame that 'Not Jeremy' won't be with us this year.

Edit to correct trypo

Ermm... maybe I missed it, but why is 'Not Jeremy' not going to be with us this year? (if that's not a double negative question)

• RMweb Gold

Well Canute Road Quay has pretty much reached as far as it is going to get before its first public debut at Staplegrove, a few teaser pics are here and more can be found on my layoiut thread here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/114980-canute-road-quay/?p=2688089

post-243-0-76752600-1492202080_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-03602800-1492202082_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-82032900-1492202082_thumb.jpg

I now need to turn my attention to getting Fisherton Sarum readying for its outing at the Epsom and Ewell show next weekend...

• Like 14