Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

As Meibion Glyndwr used to say, come home to a real fire, buy a cottage in Wales...

That's assuming you could find your way there with all the monolingual signposts cut down. :O

Paul.

• RMweb Gold

'Homes under the anvil' ??

That's where they should put the two wooden presenters of that show, the show format is very good but what a load of old twaddle those two come out with she can't even sell flooring/carpets . :mosking:   

• RMweb Gold

I really like your BRM article with Andy's photos this month. It looks a treat in print. I had never noticed how good you had got the strands on the GWR fencing till seen up close and personal, lovely work Kev. :imsohappy: 

Isn't there some sort of John Ahern memorial award for outstanding overall integrated composition of a model railway.  If there is,  Kevin and Little Muddle should be nominated and would be a certain winner. 

• Like 2

I really like your BRM article with Andy's photos this month. It looks a treat in print. I had never noticed how good you had got the strands on the GWR fencing till seen up close and personal, lovely work Kev. :imsohappy:

Many thanks Rob.

The pictures that Andy Y took really are the business and I'm surprised how well the various parts of the layout stood up to close scrutiny by his pictures....

Getting the fence strands straight (ish) was a high priority which is why I switched to lightweight fishing line which can be put under tension.

• Like 2

Last of the Buddleia bushes by the viaduct.

Has been pointed out to me that the first time one seen the wild was in 1923 and before then only in gardens, so I suspect in the time period I'm modelling they would still be a bit rare in places.

So I think I'll put one more in the garden of the farm house and call it a day.

1029.jpg.4707dbb19390628724241fb1718c2ecc.jpg

Re-did the bush at base because the first attempt looked like it had stuck a branch in an electric socket so I reduced it's spikey hair appearance!!!

The colonels wife was a bit annoyed with me planting these as she now runs the risk of catching her line in them when casting.......

Reeds are from the Tasma Products (TP) range and seem to be hard to get hold of at the moment.

The footbridge over the stream behind the viaduct is made from plastic rod/strips and it sole purpose is to hide the joint between the Perspex and the backscene.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 13

Nice to see LM on the banner at the top of the page. ;)

Very pleasing, the only thing is that it does highlight the lack of crew.........or of course they might be hiding from the long lens of AY!!!!!

Thanks

Edited by KNP
  • Like 2

Picked up my BRM / LM today and looking forward to a read tomorrow, but the pics are awesome Kevin / Andy Y.

Agreed, thought Andy's pictures were superb and caught the layout feel to perfection....

Thanks

Finally got my hands on a copy of BRM. Great article and pictures, one to keep for the future when inspiration is needed. :)

Roger

Thanks.

Very kind of you to say.....

Great article in BRM.

Giving me ideas(don't tell the boss) about my main layout that I hope to start next year.

Amazing modelling, so captures the real thing (imo)

Thanks.

Don't worry we can keep a secret!!!!

• Like 1

I notice that "Misty" was at sea on the day the BRM biplane flew over to do their aerial survey...

Phil

Yes, Misty is now at the dockyard waiting to be finished (well actually on the shelf next to the Tiger Tank that Andy Y was wearing as a hat!!!)

I was only looking at her this very afternoon thinking as most of the layout is finished apart from the super detailing bits I want to do now would be a good time to finishing the rigging and deck clutter.....

• Like 2