Little Muddle

KNP

Cheating? :O  I do that all the time, :nono: I thought it even happened on the real Railways, hahah. :no:  :no:

It is nice to see how you do get some shots, and it certainly doesn't spoil anything as far as I'm concerned Kevin.

Now, was anyone wondering how I got the camera into a couple of the photographic positions or did I get away with cheating without you realising.....hmmmmmm

Well most of my buildings can do this...

attachicon.gif1174.JPG

which means I can place the camera in some unusual positions like....

attachicon.gif1173.JPG

Note the telegraph post lying by the camera as it was right in front of the camera lens and would have spoilt the picture.

Cheating.......

No I prefer to call it artistic license!

That's quite a camera that Ken brought in.  Demolishing buildings for a photograph does seem a bit extreme :O  I'd have liked to see the wagon and traction engine that he used for transport or was it a large team of horses?

I once did a calculation that the small sensor in a digital compact is close to being a 7mm scale model of a whole-plate camera, which is why this type of camera takes such good model photos.

Incidentally, your 'dark' photo was caused by the bright reflection off the backscene fooling your camera's meter.  You could try using 'spot' metering off the engine, to make sure that the main subject is exposed correctly

Mike

That's quite a camera that Ken brought in.  Demolishing buildings for a photograph does seem a bit extreme :O  I'd have liked to see the wagon and traction engine that he used for transport or was it a large team of horses?

I once did a calculation that the small sensor in a digital compact is close to being a 7mm scale model of a whole-plate camera, which is why this type of camera takes such good model photos.

Incidentally, your 'dark' photo was caused by the bright reflection off the backscene fooling your camera's meter.  You could try using 'spot' metering off the engine, to make sure that the main subject is exposed correctly

Mike

Agree about the meter as it was on centre weighed at the time.

Might try that picture again on the spot setting, the other thing to bear in mind was that the camera was also down below the line of the track and angled upwards so I expect I picked up some overspill from the pelmet lights as well.

Mike

Thought it may have been like this

Taken the same picture again but moved the camera slightly to the right so it wasn't picking up the pelmet light in the corner of the sensor and used the spot meter aimed at 4550.

I say aimed because I locked the meter on the loco with a half push and then turned the camera to frame the picture and then fully clicked to take.

attachicon.gif1182.jpg

Much better depth of colour to this side of 4550 and no sunlight on the backscene either to worry about......

Even the scarecrow seems happier.

That image is spot on!

• RMweb Gold

Always in pursuit of that picture with a difference here I have gone to the trees.

Treetops to be exact......

attachicon.gif1185.jpg

attachicon.gif1184.jpg

attachicon.gif1183.jpg

Camera sitting where the creamery outbuildings should be on a piece of 2x1 to give it the elevation needed.

Is it me, or do those pictures look a bit 'washed out' ?

I say I'm beginning to wonder where this photographer has got to, he did say he would send me those pictures in short while.

Well, it's now a long while!!!!

So here is a picture of some grass and trees whilst we wait......with a small bridge thrown in as well.....

post-8925-0-09254400-1518626082_thumb.jpg

Just imagine a train steaming past with the driver waving happily at you.....no thought not....I can't either......?

Sorry about this, you know what these arty types are like, probably a pixel has fallen off one of the pictures and rolled under the table......and he can't find it!

He counts them you know before he sends them out to make sure all is present and correct.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 19

I say I'm beginning to wonder where this photographer has got to, he did say he would send me those pictures in short while.

Well, it's now a long while!!!!

So here is a picture of some grass and trees whilst we wait......with a small bridge thrown in as well.....

1195.jpg

Just imagine a train steaming past with the driver waving happily at you.....no thought not....I can't either......?

Sorry about this, you know what these arty types are like, probably a pixel has fallen off one of the pictures and rolled under the table......and he can't find it!

He counts them you know before he sends them out to make sure all is present and correct.

That grass looks fantastic- the weather has obviously been good this summer!

That grass looks fantastic- the weather has obviously been good this summer!

Yes, the grass grows very well here at Little Muddle because of the very heavy and persistent dry rain that falls!!!!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 2

I hope you're sending John Wiffen some of these photos. He deserves to see how well his Scalescenes sheets are being put to use.

I am a great fan of his products especially the printed papers as they are so realistic and need very little work on them to make them fit the scene.

Here is one of those shots that worked except for the bubble effect of the glazing on my under utilised 'B set'.

They are straight out of the box and will now receive some attention.

post-8925-0-37883100-1518681125_thumb.jpg

Think this would have looked even better if I had removed the glazing.

Station canopy not fixed hence gaps at base.....

• Like 19

Pictures of Encombe Station and some activity

post-8925-0-67009400-1518686624_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-53952000-1518686595_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-53170600-1518686610_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-18214800-1518686645_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-49559700-1518686744_thumb.jpg

Wasn't going to post them as they also look a bit washed out to me, they where taken at the same time as the treetop saga so I must have had an odd setting on the camera.

Looking at the pictures on the camera and it's small screen they look fine.

Just compare them with the batch posted previously and you can see the difference in the crispness of the picture (which incidentally where taken after these ones!!!).

Sometimes I feel with these modern camera's you need a pre flight checklist to run through before take off....!

Any way enjoy and I'm going away to check what's, what.

• Like 18