Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

Very nice Kevin.

One day I will model a station with canopies and stuff.......

Even the Memsahib asked where the station was going on Bleat Wharf when I laid it out yesterday.

I did explain she would have to wait until Lamb Regis...

Rob.

• Like 1

Seated passengers arrived yesterday for Fathers Day, a pack of 100 of them!!!!

Painting Ok but I wouldn't want them in full view but concealed in a coach they do the job..

20 of them had a detail wash applied and are now sitting happily in the B set coaches

So here is the B set waiting at Encombe Station, glazing and passengers adding to the end result.

attachicon.gif1363.jpg

Nice touch there Kevin does make's a big difference with passengers on board brings the scene to life and stops it looking like your moving empty stock around the layout......could bring it's problems though as you will now have to run your trains to a time table ...what's the time of the first train out of Encombe Station in the morning  :jester:  :scared:  :scared:

Edited by gismorail

• RMweb Gold

Didn't originally post this as the RH third door and windows where slightly out of focus.

I think it says a lot about your modelling when the only possible criticism of a photo of your layout is that one of the doors and windows is slightly out of focus! Those really are wonderful pictures with no real tell tales that they are a model. It's definitely inspirational and something that I can aspire to when I finally get some decent modelling space back and can lift plans off the drawing board!

Kind regards, Neil

I think it says a lot about your modelling when the only possible criticism of a photo of your layout is that one of the doors and windows is slightly out of focus! Those really are wonderful pictures with no real tell tales that they are a model. It's definitely inspirational and something that I can aspire to when I finally get some decent modelling space back and can lift plans off the drawing board!

Kind regards, Neil

Marvellous modeling Kevin, a joy to behold full of atmosphere. I will have to start building mine soon

Best

Steve

Many thanks for those kind comments.

As I have said before, many times, taking pictures is a part of this hobby and to me, it's of equal importance as the model itself.

Wish you both luck with your own respective layouts.

• RMweb Premium

Painting Ok but I wouldn't want them in full view but concealed in a coach they do the job..

20 of them had a detail wash applied and are now sitting happily in the B set coaches

So here is the B set waiting at Encombe Station, glazing and passengers adding to the end result.

attachicon.gif1363.jpg

Kevin, please take this as an observation rather than a criticism but don't you think that the fellow in the end compartment looks as if he is too high up?

attachicon.gif1363.jpg

Hi Kev,

which seated passengers were they, i.e. the brand? I've been on the lookout for the same and am sure something that meets your specs will meet mine.

Regards

Colin

Hi Kev,

which seated passengers were they, i.e. the brand? I've been on the lookout for the same and am sure something that meets your specs will meet mine.

Regards

Colin

No idea the make but this is where I got them from

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-20-50-Sitting-Model-Railway-Figure-People-for-Hornby-Trainset-Railway/282931686179?hash=item41e00aeb23:m:mYTlhjTit7iZCNB1y2hs6Fg

I just painted there faces and gave them my a couple of coats of the normal black wash treatment 

Kevin, please take this as an observation rather than a criticism but don't you think that the fellow in the end compartment looks as if he is too high up?

No problems.

There was one or two that looked quite large....but  

• RMweb Gold

Jaws silently made his way along the carriages, looking for Bond. How the Trans-Siberian express came to be passing through Encombe Town didn't cross his mind, his mission was still the same...

• RMweb Gold

'Fanshaw Minor instantly regretted straying into the end compartment of the B set. Not until he had closed the door did he realise the compartment was already occupied. Grayson, the school bully regarded Fanshaw with a look of utter disdain. Fanshaw turned to flee but Grayson was upon him in a flash, like a tiger pouncing on a deer.

In a trice Grayson had folded Fanshaw up and deposited him on the seat of the compartment. Fanshaw felt the weight of Grayson as the school bully settled down. 'Damn fine comfortable cushion you make Fanshaw but kindly stop wriggling about or you'll have the finest of fine thrashings!"

Being sat on was one thing, but being sat on by the school bully was another thing entirely. It was going to be a long trip thought Fanshaw. Not the start to the new term he had hoped for.....'

Escaping from under the seat, Fanshaw Minor, quietly made his way out of the station by scampering over the platform, cross the track and through the hole under the wire fence made by animals....

He could see Grayson sitting totally unaware that he had escaped by sawing through the carriage floorboards with his trusted Swiss army knife.

Stealthily moving around the edge of the field now at the dead of night - not sure when that happened but for continuity please follow - tripping, stumbling through the potato plants he spied sanctuary.

There in the darkness, lit by a waning moon was the headquarters of the school chess club.....

post-8925-0-83580800-1529422464_thumb.jpg

There, they will meet and plan revenge on Grayson...….

Edited by KNP
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Grayson meanwhile limbered up to deliver the promised finest of fine thrashings......

post-14122-0-76892100-1529427912.jpeg

• RMweb Gold

Escaping from under the seat, Fanshaw Minor, quietly made his way out of the station by scampering over the platform, cross the track and through the hole under the wire fence made by animals....

He could see Grayson sitting totally unaware that he had escaped by sawing through the carriage floorboards with his trusted Swiss army knife.

Stealthily moving around the edge of the field now at the dead of night - not sure when that happened but for continuity please follow - tripping, stumbling through the potato plants he spied sanctuary.

There in the darkness, lit by a waning moon was the headquarters of the school chess club.....

attachicon.gifBN4a.jpg

There, they will meet and plan revenge on Grayson...….

I’m looking forward to seeing that structure in daylight when the cads and bounders have gone!

I did hear that young Scripps stopped playing when the board got water damaged by a sudden shower. It was felt the lack of a roof was part of the problem. Evening games have been suspended,an electrical fault was to blame caused by the sudden shower that ruined the board.

This was overheard in the boot room just before prep.

Is there any truth in this rumour?

Young Scripps would be a loss to the club.

Mr Chipps

It is noted however that buildings can deteriorate when you get an infestation of public schoolboys!

Edited by stevejjjexcov

Now for some close ups of the B set which shows quite clearly that I seem to be able to collect static and bits of flick and dust with ease...…

Does anybody else suffer with this?

1374.jpg.a1d8e69b1d7f2f15b9674a24e3638795.jpg

Old Jimmy seems to get in nearly every picture!!!!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold

I think old Jimmy is wondering where that window in the luggage compartment went- it was there last month!

You have done a lovely job bringing these ancient coaches up to modern standards-they really look the part.

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gif1373.jpg

Old Jimmy seems to get in nearly every picture!!!!

I think he's looking down the track for the man with the tail lamp... or the trains going nowhere...

Edited by TheQ

Now for some close ups of the B set which shows quite clearly that I seem to be able to collect static and bits of flick and dust with ease...…

Does anybody else suffer with this?

I just call it 'weathering'

• RMweb Gold

I think old Jimmy is wondering where that window in the luggage compartment went- it was there last month!

You have done a lovely job bringing these ancient coaches up to modern standards-they really look the part.

He can blame me for that!

I just call it 'weathering'

Bit harsh on KNP after he spent all that trouble fitting the windows; mine are a cheat with back glazing.  But they scrub up well for old timers, don't they!  I reckon getting rid of the old glazing, which had a 'prism' effect in it's (noble) attempt to achieve scale glazing depth, is definitely worth the effort, along with filling the surplus window.