Rapido news letter

railroadbill

Just read this, includes links to excellent YouTube video of new look bus trip. I spent a very entertaining 20 mins watching it. Made me want to find my Gordon Lightfoot LP (or Bob seagar perhaps) :-)

I'd really like to see footage of the Ontario part of the trip. Looks like you all had a great time.

Also watched the video of rdcs being packed, very interesting insight.

More bus videos please!

Bill

I'd really like to see footage of the Ontario part of the trip. Looks like you all had a great time.

Sadly, there is no Ontario part of the delivery trip.  It went from Winnipeg to Toronto on a trailer.  Jason may be crazy, but he's not insane.  Even he knew it was a bad idea to drive the bus across the stretch of the Trans Canada Highway between Winnipeg and Toronto in the impending winter when they did the drive.

Stephen

Sadly, there is no Ontario part of the delivery trip.  It went from Winnipeg to Toronto on a trailer.  Jason may be crazy, but he's not insane.  Even he knew it was a bad idea to drive the bus across the stretch of the Trans Canada Highway between Winnipeg and Toronto in the impending winter when they did the drive.

Stephen

Fair enough, Stephen! The later part did show some snow.  (leaves were still falling in the earlier part). I've done that journey (well, between the 2 cities) by train between Toronto and Calgary, a long time ago, which is one reason I found the video interesting. Great project.

Stephen

Don't blame him. Apparently I need my sanity checked. Did Edmonton-Ottawa in Febuary of 2007. In an estate car with a trailer and roof box. I have no idea how many years off my life that cost, especially the lake effect blizzard between North Bay and The Sault.

Archived