RMweb Transfer Utility

• RMweb Gold
Martin, I'm not one to nag but is there any progress on the Chrome-compatible version of the transfer utility? I can use Firefox to do it, but I'd rather not if I dont have to. TIA.

Hi Ian,

It's not me you need to nag, it's Andy. :)

The Transfer Utility requires the RTE editor option, which is not supported for Chrome and Safari in the version of the board software which RMweb is currently using.

But RTE support for Chrome and Safari is included in the 3.0.5 board upgrade, which has been available for some time now. Andy is no doubt waiting until he has a bit more time to spare before doing the upgrade.

regards,

Martin.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Please do not use the Transfer Utility until I have released an upgraded version.

There has been a tiny change to the page layout on Old RMweb since the move to the new server. I doubt anyone noticed. :)

Previously the author line on each post looked like this:

by Andy Y on 04 Mar 2007 12:44

Now it looks like this:

by Andy Y » 04 Mar 2007 12:44

The word "on" has been replaced with the » character. That might not seem much, but it's enough to break the code in the Transfer Utility, causing posts to vanish or have parts missing.

I have been looking at a few other phpBB3 boards. Some have "on", some have "»". It's a bit of a mystery. I have asked Jim about it and he is equally baffled. :icon_what:

I will change the Transfer Utility code so that it works with either, as we can't be sure it won't change back at some stage.

regards,

Martin.

• RMweb Gold

Repeat of this original post.

Version 3 of the Transfer Utility is now available. Please delete the previous version if you downloaded it, and download again using the link below.

Version 3 fixes the post date issue previously mentioned, and now works again on the new server.

Dear RMwebbers,

There is now a Transfer Utility available if you are using Windows and would like to try it. It's a small program which allows all or part of an entire topic page from your Layout or Workbench topics (or any other topic) on Old RMweb to be easily transferred here to New RMweb as a single post or blog entry. Suitable formatting is applied to tidy it up, and unwanted page detail is removed.

You can see several examples here on New RMweb of posts and blog entries which have been created using the program. It's a Windows program, and in order to use it you need to be using Firefox, Opera, or a modern version of Internet Explorer as your browser for this web site. Support for Google Chrome and Safari is expected to be available soon.

Download the program from RMweb Transfer Utility

It doesn't need to be installed as such. Just save it somewhere on your computer where you can get at it to launch it by (double-)clicking on it in the usual way. The Windows Desktop will do if you don't have a regular downloads folder. You will receive several dire warnings about executable files, which you can safely ignore.

The program is easy to use. An illustrated page of instructions is at:

http://www.templot.c...ansfer_help.htm

Please bear in mind that the images in your created post are being hot-linked from Old RMweb. Likewise the smileys are hot-linked from Old RMweb. After the page has been posted you may want to edit them out and replace them with the new smileys from here.

Have fun and please let me know (in this topic) about any problems. :)

The program is free to use but remains my copyright so please don't publish or distribute it anywhere. It's not in the public domain. There will be upgrades from time to time, so please check in this topic for the latest info and downloads.

regards,

Martin.

Archived