A DCC Sound Newbie

classy52

Steve.

I understand that one of the Carshalton Club's DCC layouts with be on show at the Honeywood Museum (situated on Carshalton Ponds) this weekend. It's Free apparently.

The one on show seems to be their USA DCC layout but the ins and outs are the same for UK stock.

Dave.

Steve.

Have you considered joining a local Club to get help and inside into DCC / Sound. You'll find members there that have already been through what you are going through now.

I understand Wimbledon has a circular test track with DCC and a few members using DCC. http://www.wimbledonmrc.org

Carshalton & Sutton also has a circular test track with DCC as well as a Modern Image DCC layout.  www.csmrc.co.uk

Dave

Hi Dave

Thanks for the information, very much appreciated.

Yes will consider it in the future but not right away, I will be moving house over the summer maybe further out in Surrey or into Hampshire thus holding off joining any clubs at the moment plus not in a position to start building a layout just yet so just tinkering around on my rolling road and work bench as well as interacting within RMWEB gaining some knowledge and tips.

I'll probably end up with all my loco's already kitted out with sound & EM2's and detailing by the time I start a layout which I suppose will a good thing and can play trains straight away once it is built, I will check out the links you provided and see how it goes from there.

Cheers

Steve

Steve.

I understand that one of the Carshalton Club's DCC layouts with be on show at the Honeywood Museum (situated on Carshalton Ponds) this weekend. It's Free apparently.

The one on show seems to be their USA DCC layout but the ins and outs are the same for UK stock.

Dave.

Thanks Dave will go and check it out, sort of walking distance from where I am which is handy.