Dapol 08 Legomanbiffo chip

robertwm3110

I have had an 0 gauge Dapol 08 chipped with legomanbiffo sound. I use the NCEProcab system for control. When i increase speed the loco moves off straight away, but when i have sound on the loco takes up to 10 seconds before moving, in either direction. Is this the way this is set up. Apologies if this is a basic error on my part but only just returning to the hobby with DCC

This is quite normal for sound projects. It is all a part of making the locomotive behaviour more realistic, mimicking the prototype's behaviour and encouraging you to drive them more like the real things.

In the Kernow 4TC topic, someone described how a mixed multiple of 4 VEP electric units and 4 TC with class 33/1 behaved when departing Victoria, with the VEPs responding almost instantly to the controller while the 33 took around 5 seconds to spool up and deliver power, resulting in a delayed surge of acceleration, just in time to shut off power for a speed restriction..

ESU LokPilot 4 and LokSound 4 also have a CV that can be adjusted to increase the delay before movement occurs with no sound. While this is probably not of use for an 08, it is useful for those who run locomotives in multiple (in a DCC consist) where they wish to mix sound and non-sound locos, allowing adjustment so the two (or more) locos don't 'fight' each other when taking off.

Edited by SRman

• 2 weeks later...

I have had an 0 gauge Dapol 08 chipped with legomanbiffo sound. I use the NCEProcab system for control. When i increase speed the loco moves off straight away, but when i have sound on the loco takes up to 10 seconds before moving, in either direction. Is this the way this is set up. Apologies if this is a basic error on my part but only just returning to the hobby with DCC

With the sound ON the loco goes through the start up sequence, Sound off you have no start up sequence.  Charlie

PPS To start quicker from you fiddle yard just move off without sound, when moving turn on the sound.

• 6 months later...