Olivia's Trains BOC VBA and Cryogenics TEA

Mark Saunders

This seems to have gone under the radar that Olivia's Trains have commissioned Bachmann to produce the VBA in BOC livery and are in the process of having the TEA produced as a special commission from a yet unnamed manufacturer!

Follow the below links for details!

Mark Saunders

http://www.oliviastrains.com/trains/mt/Bachmann-wagons/Bachmann-vba-barrier-van-in-boc-livery-pristine-or-weathered/

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/boctank

Edited by Mark Saunders
  • Thanks 1

is that really a Bachmann commission?  The ones in the photos look to have transfers applied and I seem to recall that some of the VAA/VBAs were slow sellers.  Whilst I accept that these could just be mock-ups pending delivery of factory finished items, have Bach run a batch of standard catalogue VBAs recently for a special to be tacked onto?  Or are these an Olivia's relivery (or even just transfers onto plain brown wagon).

• RMweb Premium

A check of the Bachmann site shows VAA and VDA vans scheduled for later this year with an RRP of £24.95 or £25.95.  Around 10% is the usual Bachmann mark-up for limited editions, making around £30 the top rate for one of these.

The text on their site is wonderful!  A free half-price additional barrier wagon?!  I wonder who the manufactorer is!!

Pristine or Weathered.

In Stock Ready to Order!

Price:
£56.

FREE if Purchasing 10 x BOC Tank Wagons Half Price Additional Barrier Wagon

Yes watch this Space finally we have a Manufactorer to supply these 100ton BOC Tank Wagons (Expected in 2017)

Additional Work
£46 Flashing Electric Tail Lamp Fitted

flashing tail lamp fitted......£46.  its all about the price tag.

i x LED, one coin cell holder and battery and abit of wire, a pound?  fit yourself and job done.  add a small on-off slide switch underneath if you like.  not flashing but the saving is huge.

"Purchase 10 BOC tanks and a VBA at half price and receive a second VBA for free."

I'll invoice you for my consultation. C6T.

Send the invoice to Olivias. Maybe in tweets it's common to omit small words like 'and' or 'a'. But not on a webpage.

Chris

is that really a Bachmann commission?  The ones in the photos look to have transfers applied and I seem to recall that some of the VAA/VBAs were slow sellers.  Whilst I accept that these could just be mock-ups pending delivery of factory finished items, have Bach run a batch of standard catalogue VBAs recently for a special to be tacked onto?  Or are these an Olivia's relivery (or even just transfers onto plain brown wagon).

It says in stock and ready for delivery. I think they must be customised perhaps with commissioned tankers to follow. £56 though? errr no I'll pass

Send the invoice to Olivias. Maybe in tweets it's common to omit small words like 'and' or 'a'. But not on a webpage.

Chris

Indeed, and is a malaise becoming more frequent as language laziness inherent of social media (or texting) starts to infect the wider world.

The lack of any punctuation and sentence cased words points to a copy writer who doesn't have a clue how to do their job, which by association puts me off dealing with any organisation who'd employ sloppiness such as this. The fact it's a certain Sheffield outlet with whom I've got history may or not be an issue of course...

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T
  • Like 4

What? The vans Olivia's show on their site are the same livery, although the Flickr photo captions say VAA and Olivia's say VBA. A long distant time in the past I would have been able to identify the AB van types but not now, can anyone say which (if either) is correct or were there both types in BOC livery?

What? The vans Olivia's show on their site are the same livery, although the Flickr photo captions say VAA and Olivia's say VBA. A long distant time in the past I would have been able to identify the AB van types but not now, can anyone say which (if either) is correct or were there both types in BOC livery?

We've been here recently, there is another forum post about this. In essence for these vans there is no difference.

Paul