Roco 52503 (BR132) DCC Sound Fitted - Function Allocation List

leopardml2341

I can't, but Roco can:

roco@roco.cc

Takes a few days (at least) for a reply, but they always do, is my experience. Use a regular ISP, not some spam-prone stuff like hotmail: they may not even receive your question!

Thanks, will try them - do you reckon they'll 'accept' ymail addresses?

If it has an ESU decoder try this page:

http://www.esu.eu/en/downloads/sounds/generation-3/locos-with-loksound/

Scroll to Roco BR232 (it's the same loco with DB number) and click on the + symbol in the table row.

From Roco's spares list it seems that it's a Zimo chip. I've tried Zimo website, but each time my ISP warns of malware risks for Zimo.at.

Here you go, lifting the 1 MB limit made it possible for me to d/l the latest manual for you and post it as attachment (pdf):

attachicon.gifMX-KleineDecoder_E.pdf

HTH!

Thank You very much, lots of bedtime reading there :yes:

Think I still need info from Roco about the specific sounds and function numbers, have emailed them and awaiting their response.

Rgds,

Must be honest wasn't that impressed with the ESU 232 sounds, and actually put the sound chip in another loco. As to me the engine didn't "scream" like I remembered.

As far as I can tell from Roco website, it's a Zimo decoder(post #6) in this one and it's a BR132 (rather than BR232 - ETS fitted).

Edit:

Ignore the last bit, I'm talking twaddle, or rather regurgitating wot t'interweb said on one site without cross checking.

Edited by leopardml2341

I can't, but Roco can:

roco@roco.cc

Takes a few days (at least) for a reply, but they always do, is my experience. Use a regular ISP, not some spam-prone stuff like hotmail: they may not even receive your question!

Roco replied with attachment earlier today - Thanks!

Must be honest wasn't that impressed with the ESU 232 sounds, and actually put the sound chip in another loco. As to me the engine didn't "scream" like I remembered.

This was the sound file downloaded from the ESU website not, the factory fitted sound. I stopped buying factory fitted sounds and prefer downloading them as they tend to be bettet (although not in this case).

This was the sound file downloaded from the ESU website not, the factory fitted sound. I stopped buying factory fitted sounds and prefer downloading them as they tend to be bettet (although not in this case).

Ah, I better understand what you mean now :)

• 1 year later...

Ended up buying a Roco 232 a while back, here’s a quick MP4 of it departing on a short train on my layout

[yt]

[/yt]

This model has the stock Roco sound.

Edited by Neils WRX
  • Like 1