GWR Autocoach in 7mm scale - livery question

Western Star

From this Dapol announcement , I have extracted the details of the liveries which are to be available:-

7P-004-001 Auto Coach GWR Crest Chocolate & Cream 

7P-004-002 Auto Coach GWR Twin Cities Crest Chocolate & Cream 

7P-004-003 Auto Coach GWR Shirt Button Chocolate & Cream 

7P-004-004 Auto Coach GWR no insignia Chocolate & Cream 

7P-004-005 Auto Coach BR Crimson  

What period is the "crest, chocolate and cream" livery?
What period is the "twin cities crest, chocolate and cream" livery?

Anyone got a photo of the "twin cities" livery on a Lionheart model?

thank you, Graham 

I have been advised that the "twin cities" livery is meant to represent the 1928 livery for which the "emblem" was the crest of London adjacent to the crest of Bristol.

The follow up question is...

Anyone got a photo of the "GWR Crest" livery on a Lionheart model?  Or maybe suggest which GWR coach livery the model variant represents?

thank you, Graham

• RMweb Premium

Anyone got a photo of the "GWR Crest" livery on a Lionheart model? Or maybe suggest which GWR coach livery the model variant represents?

Have you tried typing "Lionheart autocoach" into Google images?

Maybe I need to rethink the question...

I want to have an autocoach in the pre-WW1 version of chocolate and cream, this is going to require some re-work of whichever model I purchase.  Which of the Dapol livery versions is the most suitable starting point for recreating the desired livery?

Edited by Western Star

• 6 months later...

With models in hand I can now see why I was confused by the Dapol (and agents) advertising.  The version which is described as "7P-004-001 Auto Coach GWR Crest Chocolate & Cream" is actually GWR Chocolate and Cream with Garter and Supporters...  this is the 1922-1927 livery.

Edited by Western Star

• RMweb Gold

Another 'missing' livery, though I am not 100% certain that it was ever applied to any diagram N in the absence of any photographic evidence, is the 1942-1947 Austerity plain brown.  This is suitable for any late 40s or early 50s layout; I would imagine that any trailer so painted would have gone into plain crimson and missed crimson and cream.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, got my Dapol O gauge Autocoach light-bar/DCC ready today and it looks pretty good. Some minor damage including a missing screw-link coupling noted.

Some Questions: has anyone fitted this model with a DCC soundchip (the 21-pin socket is under the light bar. Also, will the lights work on DC and DCC straight from the box (as with the Lionheart carriages)?