• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#101 delticfan

delticfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:45

Laurie is re running the JLTRT range or some of it under MM1 models, if the Heljan 50 is and remains that bad I’ll go with his granted it’s going round the houses a bit. Suppose we’ll just have to wait and see.

#102 Phill Dyson (onslaught832)

Phill Dyson (onslaught832)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:16

Laurie is re running the JLTRT range or some of it under MM1 models, if the Heljan 50 is and remains that bad I’ll go with his granted it’s going round the houses a bit. Suppose we’ll just have to wait and see.

Didn't the JLTR have a similar front error?

#103 43179

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 13:36

Didn't the JLTR have a similar front error?

Sort of , yes , it’s no more accurate than Heljans. Unfortunately the JLTRT 50 also has some seriously misproportioned bogie sideframes that have somehow been squashed down in the vertical plane.
Jon
  • Informative/Useful x 1

#104 delticfan

delticfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 13:41

Yes agreed the jltrt bogies are shrunk... bl..dy hell what’s wrong with these people are they doing this on purpose!
  • Funny x 2

#105 Captain Cuttle

Captain Cuttle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationDriftwood on a restless swell

Posted Yesterday, 18:46

Or people just buy anyway, if they're desperate enough, and put up with the errors, because there's no viable alternative available? In this case, most unfortunately, for now there won't be. 

...and if anyone wants to crow about building kits instead, rather than putting up with sub-standard R-T-R, then:-

1) the JLTRT kit will no longer be available, and was equally - or more - expensive, once wheels/motors/gears/paints/transfers were added, &

2) the Thread about the build of a PRMRP Class 50 kit comes to mind, and what a nightmare for the builder that was - I think he gave up in the end?

I wonder why the builder of the PRMRP Class 50 gave up as its not that difficult to build? I have built several and all of their kits have issues but not insurmountable.

#106 Gary H

Gary H

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,906 posts
  • LocationCornwall

Posted Yesterday, 22:09

Absolutely. So many armchair experts happy to rubbish a product before ithe final approved sample has been seen, let alone manufactured. All very sad, I wouldn't like to be involved in manufacture these days with so many depressing moaners.

With respect, its all about constructive criticism which is what they ask for and what they got! Plus, as has been said a few times, that tooling won't be changed now, it's too far advanced (financially and time-wise)  to throw it in the bin and start again.

Sorry if some don't like it but I'm not telling lies, if it's not right, I'll say it's not right and spend my hard earned somewhere else.

• Agree x 1