BRM for just over £2 a month?

Andy Y

OK, I know I'm biased but I've just noted this banner ad...

03_Lead.jpg

As it says it's only valid until 17th April but I think it's worth taking note especially as we're starting to build more video content into the digital edition. In fact Phil and I are on the road tomorrow doing a couple of interesting pieces including a bit of slow TV. We've got some stuff planned for next week too of something that's still hush-hush; some of which may even make it into the May issue if I can get the editing done in time. In this month's issue Phil did an interview with Paul Isles from Hornby which is in the DVD extras and we did two sessions with the Bachmann Dynamis Rail Controller going far further than you would see in a normal review. It's great exploring what else can be done with the digital version.

https://pocketmags.com/british-railway-modelling-magazine?utm_source=wor&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=warnersgroup#5243f79396678

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That is an amazing price.. Which is something I took up when I subscribed! :)

But, you say in the DVD extras? The only thing on the end of this months video was an advert for the Doncaster Show. I've not found any interview or reviews? 

The only thing on the end of this months video was an advert for the Doncaster Show. I've not found any interview or reviews? 

The April edition should have an interview with Paul Isles from Hornby in the DVD extras.

• RMweb Gold

I couldn't find it either (digital version). But I do like the video. Phil has a knack of making even the smallest build inspiring, and without ever talking down to people.

Edited for clarity

Edited by Mikkel

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Tried to subscribe to the "Online Edition" offer currently being advertised via Facebook... $39.99 for a year sounded pretty good to me.

Pocketbooks allowed me to create a user name & password. When it came to payment, the PayPal option didn't work. Several times.

Andy - can you pass this on? Thanks!

Hi Andy,

I have taken advantage of the BRM/RMWEB1 2 years for price of 1 £59.99. Just wondering how the Direct Debit works when it comes to renewal time, what will the cost be and will it be annual or spread out? I couldn't see any reference to it.

Regards & thanks

Roy

• Administrators

Hi Andy,

I have taken advantage of the BRM/RMWEB1 2 years for price of 1 £59.99. Just wondering how the Direct Debit works when it comes to renewal time, what will the cost be and will it be annual or spread out? I couldn't see any reference to it.

Regards & thanks

Roy

Hi Roy,

It goes to £19.99 every 6 months which offers a yearly saving of £21.77.

Regards,

Steve

• Administrators

Tried to subscribe to the "Online Edition" offer currently being advertised via Facebook... $39.99 for a year sounded pretty good to me.

Pocketbooks allowed me to create a user name & password. When it came to payment, the PayPal option didn't work. Several times.

Andy - can you pass this on? Thanks!

Hi John,

I've just had this response from Pocketmags:

We’ve been aware of this problem for the past few days, which seems to be currently affecting approximately 1% of customers purchasing using PayPal. I’ve spoken to our payments processor, MPP, who advise the following;

·         For any browser – if a user has activated two-factor authentication in their PayPal account, it will cause problems with the payment authorization.

·         Safari’s incognito mode does not work properly with MPP payment requests due to the way it deals with loading browser pop ups.

I’m told that they have people working on resolving these two issues, but we’ve not had any concrete timeline for a solution as of yet.

In the meantime, those customers affected can either turn off two-factor authentication temporarily to make their order, or else send us the funds directly via PayPal. I’ll include a section of the canned response I use for this route below, in case you’d like to suggest it as necessary.