Lovely stuff Callum :good: Something i'm hoping to do soon myself is a bit of evening dusk running, and it's nice to see it traveling at a realistic speed as well. :)

Many thanks Bob! Certainly was a sight with all the lights in action, one of the first times I've managed to do a night run. Really does run sweet as a nut. Love trying to get the best scale speeds were possible  :locomotive:

Since i raised my line off the ground to thigh high level Callum i've not had a chance to try it out in the dark, all my buildings have lights in 'em but only one of my five coaches has...yet! :no:  And i've some street lights all set up and ready to fit on the stations one day :yes:  I noticed that your Windmill had a light in it and it looked really good against the sky line. :)  

Since i raised my line off the ground to thigh high level Callum i've not had a chance to try it out in the dark, all my buildings have lights in 'em but only one of my five coaches has...yet! :no:  And i've some street lights all set up and ready to fit on the stations one day :yes:  I noticed that your Windmill had a light in it and it looked really good against the sky line. :)  

Just is something about running trains in the garden at night, will be sure to do it again when I can. As for the Windmill, I picked it up from a B&M Bargain Superstore, a bargain at just £8.99! Solar lights are all ready pre-fitted. Same with the lighthouse too, though that has stopped working for the moment, but at that price I picked up a spare one  :locomotive:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just is something about running trains in the garden at night, will be sure to do it again when I can. As for the Windmill, I picked it up from a B&M Bargain Superstore, a bargain at just £8.99! Solar lights are all ready pre-fitted. Same with the lighthouse too, though that has stopped working for the moment, but at that price I picked up a spare one  :locomotive:

OOoh! A place I have visited many a time. I will have to drop in and see if they have one.

I too had a lighthouse, and very effective it was too! They do stop working after a while. I'm not convinced that the solar cells themselves are entirely waterproof. When I dismantled mine to see if I could repair it the circuit board and battery were fine, but the connections to the cells were very badly corroded.

OOoh! A place I have visited many a time. I will have to drop in and see if they have one.

I too had a lighthouse, and very effective it was too! They do stop working after a while. I'm not convinced that the solar cells themselves are entirely waterproof. When I dismantled mine to see if I could repair it the circuit board and battery were fine, but the connections to the cells were very badly corroded.

Same issue with mine, managed to pick up another one, so will use the head from that one on dry days ;) 

• 1 month later...

A short running session feature my current LGB fleet on the Blagdon & Butcombe Light Railway (B&BLR), G Scale Garden Railway.
Models Featured;
LGB - Otto 0-4-0T, No.1
LGB - Stainz 0-4-0T, No.2
LGB - Stainz 0-4-0T, No.3
LGB - Orenstein & Koppel 0-4-0T
LGB - Feldbahn Narrow Gauge Diesel
Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU3ewm7HQD8

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A short tutorial on How to Prepare a Live Steam Locomotive for operation on your Garden Railway. The Model Featured in this video is an Accucraft "Caradoc" 0-4-0T (Fitted with Radio Control), which is a pretty standard Live Steam Locomotive to prepare, though other locomotive may require a different technique. Be sure to read the instructions included with your model, and always be careful when handing Gas, Naked Flames or the Locomotive while at operational temperature. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8zOTySNj-I

A Driver's Eye view of the Blagdon & Butcombe Light Railway, G Scale Garden Railway. The video shows the challenging route the Garden Railway takes, including sharp curves, narrow cuttings around the flower bed, plus the suspension bridge, crossing the pond. Locomotive; LGB - Stainz 0-4-0T, No.3 Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keiRpKUd4A4

• 2 weeks later...

A short running session feature the Bachmann Lynton & Barnstaple Baldwin 2-4-2T, No. 762 "Lyn" on the Blagdon & Butcombe Light Railway (B&BLR), G Scale Garden Railway. The model features plenty of detail and features, including, operational head lamp, separately fitted pipe work, opening smokebox, roof vent and cab doors, fully extensively detailed cab interior, plus powerful motor, for smooth and slow operation. Here we see "Lyn" hauling a short rake of bogie coaches with ease around the challenging route of the B&BLR. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufv5qp27DEY

• 1 month later...

A short running session feature the Bachmann Lynton & Barnstaple Baldwin 2-4-2T, No. 762 "Lyn" on the Blagdon & Butcombe Light Railway (B&BLR), G Scale Garden Railway, hauling a light mixed goods train, including sound wagon, featuring one of my real sound recordings.

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEvjAQifa-E

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
Had a go at running some Live Steam on the Blagdon & Butcombe Light Railway (B&BLR) Garden Railway in the snow yesterday. Didn't quite go to plan, after a lap or two, the falling snow turned to ice on the rails and the Regner "Konrad" keep losing her footing. Looked good for a bit though. 

Here's a short clip of her of passing by in the start of the Blizzard that crossed the whole of Somerset.

Hope you enjoy!

post-20663-0-74264500-1520020710_thumb.gif

Edited by SDJR7F88
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

With the return of the show to the South West, I thought I'd have another attempt at running some Live Steam on the Blagdon & Butcombe Light Railway (B&BLR), Garden Railway. This time I was much more successful with the Regner "Konrad", making light work of the snow, with 3 open wagons in tow.

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFS9GAV2gZ4

• Like 1

Very nice! Just what this weather is only fit for, some lovely shots of the train crossing the bridge, and the Lady statue looks like she has a hand held remote in one hand! :jester:

Thanks ever so much Bob! Indeed, had some big plans for the day which had to be postponed due to the weather. Glad you enjoyed it! Oh yes! She does now you mention it :) 

• 1 year later...

A quick video taking a look at the October 2019 Issue of Garden Rail Magazine, in which my G Scale Garden Railway, the Blagdon & Butcombe Light Railway (B&BLR) features! 
The 5 page article gives the in's and out's of the railway, including how I got started in Garden Railways, construction techniques and rolling stock. 
Don't miss it!