Kernow MRC - weathered NSE-branded ScotRail 47706

Andy Y

One of the last loco-hauled runs I had on the Waterloo-Exeter, back in the day and therefore definitely fulfils engagement parameters!  Just ordered mine...good job the better half is away!  Come on Postie!... :jester:   Well done, Kernow.

Best wishes,

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Just ordered the sound version of this model, should be with me on tuesday, not a great fan of factory weathering but this looks awesome, well done Kernow.

....and I bought mine at 14:15 when there were two sound-equipped models on the website, now showing temporarily out of stock awaiting for Kernow to fit sound in some more models.

Keith

I received the model today, they have done a very good job on the weathering. The cab roofs could do with a little work due to the limitations of the finish, missing the forward facing roof grill. But I am pleased.

Only error I can see is the NSE flashes have the wrong colour grey. This has been mistaken by transfer manufactorers and RTR companys before.

I have emailed Kernow pointing out this error, mentioning their NSE 4TC has the same mistake on the colour proof.

Of course the flashes are easy to replace.

Cheers.

Mine arrived today as well really quick I only ordered late Sunday night... lovely model really good weathering and representation of peeling paint... Ltd Ed cert 45 my one that arrived

Mine also received today and very pleased I am with it too - it certainly looks the part.  Just need to build a layout big enough to run it on a rake of toothpaste mk IIs now! :scratchhead:

Best wishes,

Paul

Mine arrived earlier today, superb model with an excellent finish.

Did notice one error in the normally superb certificate, 47706 was named Stathclyde and not Haymarket TMD. 47715 is Haymarket.

Another minor error in the certificate was it was built as a 47/0 not 47/4.

Edited by 47423

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived earlier today, superb model with an excellent finish.

Did notice one error in the normally superb certificate, 47706 was named Stathclyde and not Haymarket TMD. 47715 is Haymarket.

Another minor error in the certificate was it was built as a 47/0 not 47/4.

You sure it was a 47/0? It was D1936 which I thought was built with electric train heat? It certainly never carried a 47/0 number.

Roy

Just had a look in this excellent book

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0860936481/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492069742&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=class+47+50+years+of+locomotive+history&dpPl=1&dpID=51rimk2F-2L&ref=plSrch

1936 was one of the first locos selected be converted to ETH in the early 70's. D1101-11/1936/1975 were the first batch of 112 locos to be converted by 1974, these all became 47/4 direct from D numbers.

• RMweb Premium

I'm not a fan of factory weathering but this is about the best example I've seen and looks very convincing. Well done to Kernow and Bachmann, it's a terrific looking model.

I have 47710 waiting to have the same treatment done to it, but why bother now? 47706 purchased :) 47710 to now be resprayed as NSE 47708  :locomotive:

Nice one Kernow :)

Way ahead of you mate, mine received the 'treatment' 3 years ago.

With the added bonus that a) It cost far less than this model. And b) mine has no NSE flashes, as that's how I saw it.

That said, it's one of the best 'off the shelf' paint jobs I've seen in 00.

It seems the larger retailers have a knack of picking subjects that I already have of late!

Edited by 45059

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 07/04/2017 at 10:19, Andy Y said:

Off topic but hopefully will be forgiven- Anyone any idea where I can get the white (cooling??) pipes that sit above the fuel tanks on this side for detailing another loco? They seem to be unique to ScotRail 47/7's??

Hi fifty four

You can buy them from Bachmann Spares. They are the same as the class 57 piping and they had these in stock when I bought mine about 9 months ago.

I had excellent service from Bachmann.

Edited by mevaman1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, mevaman1 said:

Hi fifty four

You can buy them from Bachmann Spares. They are the same as the class 57 piping and they had these in stock when I bought mine about 9 months ago.

I had excellent service from Bachmann.

So you know a part number please? They do indeed appear to be the same as Class 57, but it's not one of the loose detail parts in the Bachmann Class 47 box- i've just checked!

7 hours ago, fiftyfour fiftyfour said:

So you know a part number please? They do indeed appear to be the same as Class 57, but it's not one of the loose detail parts in the Bachmann Class 47 box- i've just checked!

Hi - there is no part number!  I rang Bachmann Spares and described what I wanted.  The lady knew what I was asking for.

Hope that this helps.

On 28/08/2020 at 07:26, mevaman1 said:

Hi - there is no part number!  I rang Bachmann Spares and described what I wanted.  The lady knew what I was asking for.

Hope that this helps.

I will try e-mailing them with a pic and see what occurs. I got a look at a Class 57 exploded sheet but its an early version which shows the pipes and battery boxes as if they were one item and lists 750-008/1, 750-008/2 and 750-008/3 as the part number without specifying which bit does what.