If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Scarborough Model Railway Show

Scarboroughshow

I am a new member of RMWEB. I have been involved in model railways for over thirty years. Having moved to Scarborough two years I realised that there had not been a show in the town for over twenty years. So with a friend  we decided to organise a show. This will take place on the 6 May 2017 at Westborough Methodist church, opposite the railway station.

Many major seaside resorts have a show so why not Scarborough. If there is sufficient support this could be an annual event.  Tell your friends and hope to see you there.

Chris

I am a new member of RMWEB. I have been involved in model railways for over thirty years. Having moved to Scarborough two years I realised that there had not been a show in the town for over twenty years. So with a friend  we decided to organise a show. This will take place on the 6 May 2017 at Westborough Methodist church, opposite the railway station.

Many major seaside resorts have a show so why not Scarborough. If there is sufficient support this could be an annual event.  Tell your friends and hope to see you there.

Chris

Good luck with the show. If I recall correctly, the Scarborough Model Railway club has held its show in Pickering in the past. Not far from the NYMR station, although it has been a couple of years since I visited.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope this goes well for you Chris. There is usually scope for a model railway show in a seaside town but whatever you do don't lose money. Has the local council tourism department promoted it or given financial help? They sometimes can be helpful with something that can bring visitors to the town.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your kind wishes. The day went really well 678 adults and children attending. Many people said they had never been to a show before. The majority were local people, which was my objective, to reach the people who live in the town, a taste of the world of model railways.

I've only ever exhibit my layout once in Peterborough, was only one day but it was enjoyable. If you are planning for another one for next year I wouldn't mind, Scarborough isn't far for me as I live in Hull. Would like to get into exhibiting my layout more often