New brand, new model - Rails Limited - LNER Dynamometer car

Andy Y

I though that there was a image of the first try at teak earlier in this thread. I went looking for it but couldn't find it, maybe it was in a Rapido newsletter.

I coppied it and superimposed a part of the real one taken at York late last year & this is the result

post-28417-0-03150300-1517919010_thumb.jpg

I also recal comments that it may have been too subtle

1, hope this helps

& 2, I also hope I haven't thrown the cat amongst the pigeons :stinker:

John

• Like 3

I though that there was a image of the first try at teak earlier in this thread. I went looking for it but couldn't find it, maybe it was in a Rapido newsletter.

I coppied it and superimposed a part of the real one taken at York late last year & this is the result

attachicon.gifdyno.jpg

I also recal comments that it may have been too subtle

1, hope this helps

& 2, I also hope I haven't thrown the cat amongst the pigeons :stinker:

John

Hi John,

Yes Rapido had a small image (above) on there newsletter, After speaking to Bill @ Rapido he stated that the image didn't show the teak properly as the light wasn't correct at the factory, he had therefore asked for a sample to be delivered to him in the states so he could see it first hand. Bill also added that if it contrast needed tweaking it wasn't an issue.  :imsohappy:

Cats and pigeons unite!  :sarcastichand:

Greetings from Rapido Galactic Headquarters in Toronto! I've come up from Connecticut for the week to review vaious projects and meet with the guys from the Platelayers Society about the upcoming Great British Train Show

So, there has been some good progress on the teak livery. The sample that John posted above was the previous iteration. We have yet more recent sample sitting n my desk. At home. Some ten hours' drive away.  You'll understand I hope if I don't just run down and get it until Friday night...  :pardon:

The resolution on the plates for the woodgrain effect is now to a point where we are quite happy with it. The colours need a slight adjustment for a bit more contrast which we will do before starting production of the bodies. That's a relatively small change. Unfortunately, we are now at that time where the entire country of China essentially shuts down for a month for Chinese New Year, so we won't likely see further samples until the beginning of March.

I WILL take some photos of the most recent samples on the weekend... assuming that I don't get snowed in up here - It has happened before!  

Bill

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Can’t wait to see it. Might just tempt me more to making a purchase I don’t need, can’t afford, have no correct locos to haul it, and is the completely wrong region and era for me lol

You say that as though it could be a problem?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Take a look at some of the latest production images of our eagerly awaited OO LNER Dynamometer car.

A partly decorated sample is due this week and will be on display this weekend at the York Model Railway Show

Pre-ordering if highly recommended due to the amount pre-sold.

Due into stock Mid/Late May 2018.

https://railsofsheffield.com/exclusive

post-31247-0-24130200-1522063243_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-73295800-1522063250_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-88706200-1522063256_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-26107100-1522063263_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-29491200-1522063270_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-76083200-1522063277_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-59670500-1522063292_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-14874100-1522063305_thumb.jpg

post-31247-0-83869600-1522063317_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

I saw it at Ally Pally on Saturday. The body and underframe/ interior were separated. The detail is fabulous complete with the loo perfectly formed!!. Coiled springs poking out of the top of the cupboard presumably are for the lighting circuit. Although it wasn't sitting on track, the recording wheel looked as it will be quite close to railhead. In all I was very impressed. I am very tempted now that I have seen it.

Tod

How was the wood effect panelling?

I must admit I didn't study the panelling as much as I should, but no obvious horrors like the latest Hornby offerings were seen. It looked like teak to me and using teak was part of my professional life. As with many types of wood, the textures and grain varied considerably due to age, weathering, varnish used etc. Even the one in the NRM may be a different finish to when it was made. I wish I had photographed it though.

Tod