Bachmann class 70 sound install advice

Anthony566

I had a sound chip re-blown for a class 70 by dc-kits but cant seem to find any topics showing an install, i have a few different speakers i can install but wanted to see what other people have done so can someone either point me to a post that has this or post a few photos of an install they have completed ?

Thanks.

I have a few ESU round and oval speakers as well as some small and large suger qube speakers.

I had a sound chip re-blown for a class 70 by dc-kits but cant seem to find any topics showing an install, i have a few different speakers i can install but wanted to see what other people have done so can someone either point me to a post that has this or post a few photos of an install they have completed ?

Thanks.

I have a few ESU round and oval speakers as well as some small and large suger qube speakers.

There is a space for a particular speaker and you can get it from DC Kits.

Dave

There is a space for a particular speaker and you can get it from DC Kits.

Dave

I did get some sugar cube speakers from charlie for the class 70. But was looking for photos ... i will have a go later today and see how i get on :) Edited by Anthony566

Did you seal it and make it air tight, as you will loose 30% of the sound quality unless you do. Charlie

Yes i did charlie i did just what you told me to do at the york show .... but i used a standard speaker rather than the twin sugar cube ones i got from you as i wanted to see what it was like and i think it turned out really well...

I ordered some 100 ohm base reflex speakers from you today for the v3.5 chips i have as i cant use the sugar cube ones on those ...

Edited by Anthony566

I had an enjoyable browse through your You Tube videos last night Anthony, very good. You can't beat a full length Eurostar or Pendolino and your layout captures the feel of a busy, modern main line to a tee. I must get round to finishing my Eurostar rake, and I do like the look of your GNER one...

Bif

I had an enjoyable browse through your You Tube videos last night Anthony, very good. You can't beat a full length Eurostar or Pendolino and your layout captures the feel of a busy, modern main line to a tee. I must get round to finishing my Eurostar rake, and I do like the look of your GNER one...

Bif

Thank you for taking a look i really am making it up as i go along .... i setup another loco with your sounds on it today :) Kernow Limited Edition Bachmann Branchline 32-979z Class 66 66623 'Bill Bolsover' in Bardon Aggregates/Freightliner livery.

I installed a base reflex speaker and i think it sounds good with this speaker, i still need to have a play around with some sugar cube speakers as speaker installation is quite new to me so still finding my feet.

I need sound for one of my Eurostars as i do agree they look good but would be even butter if i could get hold of dining cars for them :)

Edited by Anthony566

• 1 year later...