Settle and Carlisle LAYOUTS thread

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

The S&C section has been running since John (Allegheny 1600) set things in progress back in May 2012.

It has become VERY cluttered since then.

This Section is for LAYOUT building ONLY.

For questions, general discussion and the Lunester Lounge, please refer to the existing "Settle and Carlisle" route Section.

Jeff

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Simon.

As long as it's a layout, under construction, at the planning stage, or completed - and it's S&C related - you are VERY welcome to post it on here.

Though I'm currently unable to start my next layout, and don't look on here too often, I'm sure there'll be plenty of interest in whatever you put on here.

Best wishes,

Jeff.

Cheers Jeff

Once this Coronavirus outbreak is over I will be bringing my Settle Carlisle layout home which I will share on here.

Quick video teaser excuse the foreigners running 

Edited by Rhb Simon

• 3 weeks later...

RHB Simon

I am in the same boat with Horton. Boards track / ballasting / electrics and front screens all complete at White Rose and awaiting a move south post virus. Buildings completed and being  weathered and all stock procured detailed and renumbered, just awaiting new Farish 8f,s in September. I hope this weekend brings some good news re lock down. 

Cheers

Mac

• 1 year later...

For any interested members and I apologise if you have already found it, I've discovered the following website https://scrca.foscl.org.uk/railway-land-plans-introduction-and-index

It has very detailed survey maps of most of the Settle to Carlisle line from the 1900's.

A brilliant resource for anyone contemplating an S and C layout. I know it will be very helpful to me in adding accurate detail to the layout. 

Happy modelling.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the link, which I'm sure many will find of great use.

I currently use the "foscl" site as a source of imagery for structures on the line. It's a well-put-together resource.

Jeff