A forum area specifically and only for recording ideas and progress of individual's challenge entries in accordance with the challenge.

A slice of 'Mutton'. More Sheep Tales. The continuing adventures of Norman Lockhart.

• RMweb Premium

Beautiful modelling.  Less really is more sometimes and the stock is beyond brilliant.  Had to go back to the start to find out that this is Code 75 - felt sure it was an EM or P4 when I first saw the pictures - really impressive stuff.

Mike

Edited by PaternosterRow
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you Mike for your very kind words. The Peco track really repays taking time to paint and ballast it correctly.

In fact, all the componants are off the shelf which are then worked on to varying degrees.

Rob.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The layout is looking fab, Rob, but I don't like Boscastle.

A typo, mon Kapitan,nothing more.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

A typo, mon Kapitan,nothing more.

Thanks, I realise that, me old chumley, but I just thought you ought to know that I don't like the actual Boscastle.

Boscarne, now, well there's a place that most of us can't get enough of, but the other one? Bleuuuurggghhhh!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Not much to report but I am hoping for a flurry of activity on the run up to Taunton. I am still a very inexperienced exhibitor (probably always will be !) so I start panicking way before anyone else.

Here are a few more images of the ground frame which still needs finishing off.

I then have some rolling stock to sort out with one item in particular to complete ahead of the show. Of this more in due course but suffice to say it will be perculier to the Lamb Regis branch.

Rob.

post-14122-0-43969800-1520666720_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-16962500-1520666763_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-95134600-1520666797_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Taunton is ages, weeks away yet, loads of time to complete everything.

And don't worry about exhibiting, folk are only going to stand and mutter, and point at things and shake their heads - just like a normal day in Cardiff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Taunton is ages, weeks away yet, loads of time to complete everything.

And don't worry about exhibiting, folk are only going to stand and mutter, and point at things and shake their heads - just like a normal day in Cardiff.

Five weeks(ish) to go. A few jobs to do but looking forward to Taunton. Currents effirts centre around the ground frame to ensure it looks right.

Rob.

post-14122-0-33343900-1521664828_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

I feel like starting again just to keep you company.

Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning.

Further tweaking takes place ahead of Muttons forthcoming appearance at Taunton Rmweb show in a little over three weeks time.

With a few items of rolling stock to be fettled, I am finishing (?) a few jobs on the scenery side of things. The ground frame awaits final bedding in with a couple of bits still to finalise. I am adding a bit of flora here and there and am experimenting with a bit of wriggly tin.

Rob.

post-14122-0-94410500-1523003197_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks, I realise that, me old chumley, but I just thought you ought to know that I don't like the actual Boscastle.

Boscarne, now, well there's a place that most of us can't get enough of, but the other one? Bleuuuurggghhhh!

Did you once have a nasty experience there?!

• RMweb Gold

Three weeks?!?

23 days.......and counting.....

Rob

• RMweb Gold

I visited once and didn't enjoy the experience.

Carry on Abroad:

Evelyn Blunt: Not for me thank you.

Vic Flange: Oh. Don't drink?

Evelyn Blunt: No, I tried it once and didn't like it.

Vic Flange: Smoke?

Evelyn Blunt: I tried it once and didn't like it.

Vic Flange: Strange.

Evelyn Blunt: Not at all, my daughter is just the same.

Vic Flange: Your only child, I presume!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

No need for relief at Mutton. Not what you would term as taxing thereabouts. Only time Porter/Signalman/ Shunter Ronnie Barker gets grumpy is if a train arrives when he is cutting a customers hair.

Rob.

post-14122-0-77641200-1523021128_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-19185900-1523021163_thumb.jpg

• Like 6