Mickleover MRG announce exclusive Bachmann Class 37 at Derby show

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

I do agree with brushman47544 about Scottish eastfield depot class 37/0 L/L with white westie dog belong working duties in east highland line ( Glasgow to Oban and fort William and mallaig )

Geography D minus ;)

While I'd like to see an Eastfield 37/0, there have been quite a few ETH fitted 37/4s in that livery so I'd rather see a Large Logo Motherwell 37/0 with the leaping salmon ready to take up duties on Ravenscraig freight trains

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

While I'd like to see an Eastfield 37/0, there have been quite a few ETH fitted 37/4s in that livery so I'd rather see a Large Logo Motherwell 37/0 with the leaping salmon ready to take up duties on Ravenscraig freight trains

I'd like to see THREE of them so that I can accurately portray the tripple headed ore trains !

• Like 3

I do fully agree with GordonC about eastfield and Motherwell of class 37 carry westie dog (ED) and salmon (ML) by I do want Railfreight class 37370 carry salmon

• Like 1

I'd welcome an Eastfield split box next time, failing that an Eastfield centre box like 175, 188, 191, 264 would be nice. Or going down another route, getting some Heljan tops numbered 27s would be good.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

. . . . . . . . getting some Heljan tops numbered 27s would be good.

Sorry but you won't find us commissioning any locos from Heljan (or Hornby, DJ, Dapol or anyone else). There are connections between our Club and Bachmann but even so it took some time to get this agreement in place and we are extremely grateful to those at Barwell for making this happen.

Mike

are we getting any clues as to whether the second planned model is in a similar theme to the first?

I'd be surprised if there isn't a rich vein of sales to be made out of Scottish Large Logo Class 37s and 47s. The 37/4's are perhaps well represented, but there was quite a variety of applications from where the black paint around the cab windows stopped to the whether the 7 digits were curly or straight or black/yellow headcode panels. 47/0s in Large Logo even the one with the large, unique Haymarket castle. I'm quite surprised Bachmann haven't yet made some of these as catalogue models

• RMweb Premium

cough cough hint hint.....

attachicon.gif093-031-37261.jpg

Thanks for the hint - I think you'll find that Metcalfe do a card kit for the brick chimney in your photo - and as for that cough - you really should see a doctor, and whilst you are there you can mention your obsession for model railway locomotives !!

Mike

• RMweb Premium

are we getting any clues as to whether the second planned model is in a similar theme to the first?

The short answer is NO

The slightly longer answer is that we don't know what it will be yet. Our loco adviser has come up with a number of options and some of these may have been mentioned in the previous 'wish list' topic - but then again there are some ideas that haven't been discussed before. The two problems are cost and delivery time - as soon as we book a loco with Bachmann we need to put down a 15% deposit and we would rather get some cash in from the first loco before starting to pay out for the second, especially as we have to pay the full balance when the ship docks and with delivery time, payment, packaging etc it will perhaps be a month before we get the cash back and can start all over again. Then it all depends on what Bachmann are going to produce so that we can take our 500 from one of next year's production runs.

As before, RMweb will be the first to know . . . . . . . .

Mike

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The short answer is NO

The slightly longer answer is that we don't know what it will be yet. Our loco adviser has come up with a number of options and some of these may have been mentioned in the previous 'wish list' topic - but then again there are some ideas that haven't been discussed before. The two problems are cost and delivery time - as soon as we book a loco with Bachmann we need to put down a 15% deposit and we would rather get some cash in from the first loco before starting to pay out for the second, especially as we have to pay the full balance when the ship docks and with delivery time, payment, packaging etc it will perhaps be a month before we get the cash back and can start all over again. Then it all depends on what Bachmann are going to produce so that we can take our 500 from one of next year's production runs.

As before, RMweb will be the first to know . . . . . . . .

Mike

Ever thought about the option of allowing people to pay upfront if they wish to help cash flow? Not suggesting it is compulsory, but given what this is all in aid of I am sure people, like me, would be happy to do that.

Roy

• Like 1

Ever thought about the option of allowing people to pay upfront if they wish to help cash flow? Not suggesting it is compulsory, but given what this is all in aid of I am sure people, like me, would be happy to do that.

Roy

Or an upfront deposit - 50 quid or so would ease the cashflow situation somewhat wouldn't it?

ps Metcalfe don't do round chimneys.  ;)

Edited by D6975
  • Like 1

Roy

Or an upfront deposit - 50 quid or so would ease the cashflow situation somewhat wouldn't it?

ps Metcalfe don't do round chimneys.  ;)

Unfortunately as a club in our current status we can't take cash or payment by any means up front for accounts/financial reasons, otherwise we would've followed the current trend to take payment in full upon reservation/pre order. Annoying but true at this moment in time, although it will be addressed for future releases so we can do this!

Sales are very strong btw, we're two thirds sold out in this little time, so anyone waiting until they arrive may be disappointed. Just a heads up.. because I'm guilty myself of not reserving things on pre order, I just wait until they're in stock! But at this rate they'll be spoken for.

Thanks for your support, getting nearer to a replacement building!

Alex

• Like 2

Glad it's paying off ...

One thing I think would sell ( not to me much but I'm not pie in the sky ) and seems to be asked for a lot is a refurbished nose 45, seems to be on recurring wish lists ....

Of just stick with the jockanese stuff !

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder to anyone who's already ordered a loco or is thinking of doing so, we are still offering weathering and/or Legomanbiffo DCC sound fitting for 37114, at discounted prices. The work will be done by myself to the usual high standard and if anyone wants to go down this route please drop me a private message on here or through my website abcworkshops.co.uk  If you already know me just get in touch by whatever means you like. 

Sales are still going really well so once again many thanks! The new clubroom is starting to appear on the horizon.

Option 1. Weathering, an extra £25. Done by myself to your spec, a proper job. 

Option 2. DCC sound fitting, an extra £140. Done by myself, using the latest Legomanbiffo Loksound V4 decoder and standard 20 x 40mm speaker. 

Option 3. Renumbering/renaming, £ price depends on which one, drop me a line and I'll quote you.

If you require any one or a combination of these three options, get in touch with me directly, and I will sort it out for you once the locos have arrived with us in January. 

All the best, Alex

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Pre production samples are now expected to be with us in mid to late September, so I'll post up on here when they arrive. Any alterations will be sorted at this stage if needed, the process is very strict and involves quite a few people at Bachmann and the club, so rest assured it'll be top notch.  

Once again, thanks for the continuing orders!

Alex

• Like 4

Right, so there we are! The 37th Derby show gets a class 37. Not just any 37, this is an MMRG 37! Haha.

I'm pleased to report the model went down very well today, with sales as expected. I imagine there will be plenty left by Monday, but anyone who wants one or more of these locos please declare your interest and let us know as soon as possible via the online form on our website www.mmrg.org.uk from Monday onwards. Or feel free to get in touch with myself and I'll happily do it for you. But I must stress, register now if you want one as demand will be higher than usual for this one..and I'm not just saying that. No cash or deposit up front, we'll get in touch when payment is required upon delivery of the models.

As an aside, by popular request there are now three extra options, but you'll have to get in touch with myself by private message on here, or contact me through my website to arrange it.

Option 1. Weathering, an extra £25. Done by myself to your spec, a proper job.

Option 2. DCC sound fitting, an extra £140. Done by myself, using the latest Legomanbiffo Loksound V4 decoder and speaker.

Option 3. Renumbering/renaming, £ depends on which one, drop me a line and I'll quote you.

If you require any of these three options, get in touch with me directly after registering your interest first, and I will sort it out for you once the locos have arrived with us.

As always, thanks for your support and help with this project!

Alex Carpenter

Smashing looking Loco Alex.

Well done, I may well get one to run as a Tourist Special ?

Can you do Extra Gloss finish with light weathering on the chassis ?

Cheers, Paul.

Smashing looking Loco Alex.

Well done, I may well get one to run as a Tourist Special ?

Can you do Extra Gloss finish with light weathering on the chassis ?

Cheers, Paul.

Hi Paul,

I suppose I could do a greater gloss finish yes..not mirror finish but I can defo add some shine. Drop me a PM and I'll add you to my private work order book!

Cheers,

Alex

Glad it's paying off ...

One thing I think would sell ( not to me much but I'm not pie in the sky ) and seems to be asked for a lot is a refurbished nose 45, seems to be on recurring wish lists ....

Of just stick with the jockanese stuff !

I would definitely buy one of those.

Rob

So another little update today, the nameplates are fresh off the Shawplan production line and will be on their long journey to China in the next week or so. These have been redrawn to ensure 100% accuracy, I think you'll agree Brian has done a great job. 

Once again thanks for your continuing support!

Alex

post-9660-0-45447700-1503481085_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

47/0s in Large Logo even the one with the large, unique Haymarket castle. I'm quite surprised Bachmann haven't yet made some of these as catalogue models

Would you care to share "which" L/L 47/0 ? carried a unique large Haymarket Castle -  was it perhaps 47 118 ? , one of the 5 up rated to Class 48's.

Edited by tractor_37260