42 replies to this topic

#26 valleymodeller

valleymodeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

Posted 24 October 2017 - 17:46

FAO Paul and Brian R. I see from the plan we  (Pontypridd MRC ) are upstairs. That might be a problem as Reg is about 74 and Roger about 70 years old (and with a heart problem) so any chance we can go downstairs?

Tony

• Friendly/Supportive x 1

#27 NHY 581

NHY 581

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationCardiff.

Posted 24 October 2017 - 23:16

FAO Paul and Brian R. I see from the plan we (Pontypridd MRC ) are upstairs. That might be a problem as Reg is about 74 and Roger about 70 years old (and with a heart problem) so any chance we can go downstairs?

Tony

That's all well and good but stairs and sheep feet x 4 are not the best combination either.....

Attached Thumbnails

• 2017-03-10 09.26.51.jpg

Edited by nhy581, 24 October 2017 - 23:17 .

#28 Happy Hippo

Happy Hippo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationHorton, near Telford

Posted 25 October 2017 - 16:13

That's all well and good but stairs and sheep feet x 4 are not the best combination either.....

I find a combination of narrow stairs and a bend in them half way up is a real pig to negotiate.
  • Agree x 1

#29 NHY 581

NHY 581

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationCardiff.

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:31

As an aside, Mutton continues to stagger towards its first exhibition at this show.....

Attached Thumbnails

• 20171021_001753.jpg

• Craftsmanship/Clever x 1
  • Like x 1

#30 mozzer models

mozzer models

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Locationsouth wales

Posted 04 January 2018 - 16:09

hope to make it to the show

#31 marc smith

marc smith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:00

Just to let folks know....
I will now not be bringing Bracty Bridge to this show.... (EDIT: I did let Paul R know)
I've exhibited at this delightful show the past two years, and supported most of the charity shows hosted by the good folk at Lord & Butler model railways

Sadly, though, January is turning in to a very busy month for me (due to the general "other stuff" of life) and I just can't make this one
I fully intend to be back in future, probably at the next one though.... and Bracty Bridge could do with another outing :)
Cheers all, enjoy the show... and it's contributing money to a good cause too!

Edited by marc smith, 12 January 2018 - 10:00 .

• Friendly/Supportive x 2
  • Like x 1

#32 corneliuslundie

corneliuslundie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationNewtown, Powys

Posted 20 January 2018 - 21:52

An excellent show today. Thanks to all concerned in organising it.

I had lots of interesting chats with visitors, some known to me previously, some not, and I hope I may have encouraged one or two to consider some simple scratch building.

Jonathan

• Like x 3

#33 Huw Griffiths

Huw Griffiths

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationCwmbran

Posted 21 January 2018 - 23:04

An excellent show today. Thanks to all concerned in organising it.

I had lots of interesting chats with visitors, some known to me previously, some not, and I hope I may have encouraged one or two to consider some simple scratch building.

This might be a bit of an uphill challenge.

After all, how many people actually do any modelling - leave alone scratchbuilding?

Joking aside, I can think of one visitor who'd like to do something on the boundary between kitbashing and scratchbuilding, at some point in the foreseeable future. I'm not saying this will actually happen though.

Only another 500* to go ... .

(* I just picked a random number out of the air - I haven't got a clue how many people visited this show - all I know is that it was worth their while.)

Huw.

• Like x 1

#34 br2975

br2975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:13

The Cardiff (Small) Model Railway Show 2019

Saturday 26th. January, 2019 10:00am – 4:30pm

Scout Association Headquarters, Fields Park Road, Pontcanna, Cardiff CF11 9HX

With a trade presence by Lord & Butler, Cardiff Model Rail Centre, Penarth Road, Cardiff..

Refreshments   -   Ample free parking

( At the time of uploading this entry, the adjacent car park is 'pay and display' on Monday to Friday, but not on weekends )

Public Transport – several Cardiff Bus services stop outside ‘The Halfway’ public house, Cathedral Road
which is less than five minutes walk to the venue.

In cooperation with Messrs Lord & Butler, several  modellers have agreed to exhibit their layouts in a one day show.

A new thread will be created in advance of this event - giving details of exhibits, demonstrators and traders.

Edited by br2975, 29 January 2018 - 12:14 .

• Like x 5

#35 Happy Hippo

Happy Hippo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:29

Can I come?

• Like x 1

#36 br2975

br2975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 13:42

Can I come?

If you're a good boy, and your brother makes sure you behave !

Brian R

• Funny x 1
  • Agree x 1

#37 mozzer models

mozzer models

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Locationsouth wales

Posted 29 January 2018 - 15:03

With a trade presence by Lord & Butler, Cardiff Model Rail Centre, Penarth Road, Cardiff..

Refreshments   -   Ample free parking

( At the time of uploading this entry, the adjacent car park is 'pay and display' on Monday to Friday, but not on weekends )

Public Transport – several Cardiff Bus services stop outside ‘The Halfway’ public house, Cathedral Road

In cooperation with Messrs Lord & Butler, several  modellers have agreed to exhibit their layouts in a one day show.

A new thread will be created in advance of this event - giving details of exhibits, demonstrators and traders.

I have a  009 layout that can attend the show only over in neath#

#38 Huw Griffiths

Huw Griffiths

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationCwmbran

Posted 29 January 2018 - 15:21

Can I come?

If this year's event was anything to go by, it should be worth the effort.

Incidentally, it isn't just Cardiff Bus whose buses serve the area - I got there and back using Stagecoach buses to / from Greyfriars Rd.. (I think it might have been some of their Talbot Green routes.)

Talking of Talbot Green bus routes, I might also find myself using them to get to the "Ponty" show in a few months' time - together with some Edwards buses from Talbot Green to Llantwit Fardre. (This assumes, of course, that I don't find myself at the model tram show in Manchester ... decisions ... decisions ... .)

Returning to the Pontcanna show, I enjoyed the chance to catch up with a number of people - layout operators - demonstrators - people from various clubs etc - and visitors. (These people included some RMweb members - not all of whom I'd met before.)

This year's event seemed like a very friendly show - complete with a lot of thoroughly decent people - and I'm looking forward to next year's event.

In the meantime, I guess I might just have to get on with a number of my own projects, so I've got something to talk about when I speak to these people next year.

Regards,

Huw.

#39 NHY 581

NHY 581

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationCardiff.

Posted 29 January 2018 - 21:00

Can I come?

Will certainly look forward to seeing you there, Old Boy.

Rob

#40 br2975

br2975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 22:55

Will certainly look forward to seeing you there, Old Boy.

Rob

Did you call me an 'old boy' ?

#41 valleymodeller

valleymodeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • LocationSouth Wales

Posted 29 January 2018 - 23:10

If this year's event was anything to go by, it should be worth the effort.

Incidentally, it isn't just Cardiff Bus whose buses serve the area - I got there and back using Stagecoach buses to / from Greyfriars Rd.. (I think it might have been some of their Talbot Green routes.)

Talking of Talbot Green bus routes, I might also find myself using them to get to the "Ponty" show in a few months' time - together with some Edwards buses from Talbot Green to Llantwit Fardre. (This assumes, of course, that I don't find myself at the model tram show in Manchester ... decisions ... decisions ... .)

Returning to the Pontcanna show, I enjoyed the chance to catch up with a number of people - layout operators - demonstrators - people from various clubs etc - and visitors. (These people included some RMweb members - not all of whom I'd met before.)

This year's event seemed like a very friendly show - complete with a lot of thoroughly decent people - and I'm looking forward to next year's event.

In the meantime, I guess I might just have to get on with a number of my own projects, so I've got something to talk about when I speak to these people next year.

Regards,

Huw.

Yes . come along to ours in Llantwit Fardre Huw. the bus stops at the top of the hill and a gentle walk down about 400 yards. Mind you its sadly uphill on the way back to the bus stop!

Tony

#42 NHY 581

NHY 581

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationCardiff.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 06:58

Ahem.........

#43 Happy Hippo

Happy Hippo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:04

No, that would be me....

You, are young man!

Oooooh!.......Young man!

Edited by Happy Hippo, 30 January 2018 - 11:05 .

• Agree x 1