set up my grade crossing lights today

The rainy weather finally moved out and allowed me to set up my railroad grade crossing lights I got a few weeks ago.  I poured the concrete foundation pad with bolts imbeded in the concrete just before the multi day rainy spell arrived(we got nearly 6 inches of rain in less than a weeks time).   Took most of the day to take things apart so that I could put them back on the bare mast after I bolted it in place.   Still need to put the bell on the top of the mast, my ladder isnt tall enough to safely put that heavy thing back on the top.    Mike

20170507_152848_zpsbpbum40t.jpeg

• Like 6

Very impressive! But you might want to say level crossing lights as well, to those of us that still use this term - i.e. almost all of us!

However, Rule 1 - it's your railway. You say what you like!

After I got that done, I ran my new to me Bertie on my railway.  Haven't really ran trains since the steam up where I got the "level crossing" lights.  Between burnout and really really damp weather, no trains got ran till today.   Mike

20170507_162632_zpsntd1te5c.jpeg

• Like 3

Is'nt there a Childrens charity called St. Christophers in the USA? if so, and its the same one, then i have a friend over there who has a lot of involvement in it.  :)

Edited by Owd Bob