Request for Crianlarich station building photographs

• RMweb Gold

I am seeking for assistance with pictures of the station buildings at Crianlarich in general and, specifically, the tearoom. Ideally from the 1980's but any showing detail of the buildings will be much appreciated. These will provide me the detail needed to build a model of the buildings for my 1980's based WHL4 layout.

In advance, thanks for your help.

Rob  

Edited by young37215

• RMweb Gold

It does and I have waded through them for several hours but none provide a really clear shot of the building, just parts of it. I am hoping that someone has a better profile on film. 

In the Tea Room when I was last there, there's a notice (or three) asking people not to put their wet feet up on the tables, it may have also included socks.   The Station Tea Room is a popular resting place for those walking the 'West Highland Way'.

Nothing really to do with the info., you seek, but you do specifically mention the Tea Room.
Perhaps you could have an array of boots outside the entrance door..  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

I'm pretty sure this was Crianlarich early on 24th August 1983. The next shot on the film definitely was, but I can't find the notes of the journey. Memory may be a bit out as I had been on the train since Crewe.

post-9767-0-23815400-1494757788_thumb.jpg

© C E Steele

Even though it was August we had steam heat on.

Don't forget you will also need a Queen Mary Brake. See this thread for the next shot.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/28679-west-highland-coaching-stock-early-1980s/&do=findComment&comment=301579

• RMweb Gold

I'm pretty sure this was Crianlarich early on 24th August 1983. The next shot on the film definitely was, but I can't find the notes of the journey. Memory may be a bit out as I had been on the train since Crewe.

attachicon.gifE4_030 (1024x683).jpg

© C E Steele

Even though it was August we had steam heat on.

Don't forget you will also need a Queen Mary Brake. See this thread for the next shot.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/28679-west-highland-coaching-stock-early-1980s/&do=findComment&comment=301579

Thanks, I have a picture already from a slightly different angle but the more the merrier when it comes to drafting a plan. Incidentally I am not surprised the steam heat was on, it looks a typical August day for the highlands!

Queen Mary Brake and RMB are on my list of required rolling stock. First things first though so I need to get on and finish the station.

• RMweb Gold

The attached link takes you to pictures similar to that above.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/48992-crianlarich/

All very useful but what I really seek are pictures showing: 

• a side on view of the eastern side of the building (i.e. taken from the up platform)
  • the north facing end (the wall facing the signal box) 

Any takers please?

The only photo I have is from Easter 2012, when I was making my way up to John O'Groats in my Austin 7...  Camera shake is due to frost   :fie:

The lady has 3 hot water bottles under her coat, very kindly replenished by the Tea Room Staff.

There's no heating in early Austin 7's, and the lady was travelling in another car with the chap who took the photo (Just in case a wife is looking at what may have happened that week)

post-6979-0-00378800-1494961430.jpg

Edited by Penlan

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for

The only photo I have is from Easter 2012, when I was making my way up to John O'Groats in my Austin 7...  Camera shake is due to frost   :fie:

The lady has 3 hot water bottles under her coat, very kindly replenished by the Tea Room Staff.

There's no heating in early Austin 7's, and the lady was travelling in another car with the chap who took the photo (Just in case a wife is looking at what may have happened that week)

attachicon.gif41 - Crainalarich Staion and Hot water bottle.jpg

Thanks for the picture, it adds to the pot. What I really want however is a picture of the tea room end wall which is directly behind the signal box in your picture. From memory I think it is blank much as is the south end but I would like to be sure if I can.

• 3 months later...

To young37125 - Have just found around 20 photographs of Crianlarich I took in the mid 1970's including the gable end of the tea room at the signal box.  Any use? Have scanned them into my computer.   Or should I load them all on to this part of the RMweb forum - sorry no trains or locomotives but a few wagons?  AM 

• RMweb Gold

To young37125 - Have just found around 20 photographs of Crianlarich I took in the mid 1970's including the gable end of the tea room at the signal box.  Any use? Have scanned them into my computer.   Or should I load them all on to this part of the RMweb forum - sorry no trains or locomotives but a few wagons?  AM 

Thanks for the offer, it is much appreciated especially as 70's and early 80's pictures are much fewer in number than those found of the more recent past. If you can upload the pictures onto the general Crianlarich thread http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/48992-crianlarich/&do=findComment&comment=2842272  I would be grateful. In addition, they will be available for everyone to view if they have an interest in this wonderful outpost of the national rail network. 

regards Rob