Falcon Road TMD & Prospect Yard. 00-SF in Model Rail Special Issue 'Great British Model Railways'

Very nice,  All made in 4-sf or the 00 flexi and 4-sf points way?  Had to adjust the wheels on much stuff?  I always like to hear how well it works from people as I am about to start mine :)

Very nice,  All made in 4-sf or the 00 flexi and 4-sf points way?  Had to adjust the wheels on much stuff?  I always like to hear how well it works from people as I am about to start mine :)

Hi Mike.

Falcon Road etc., etc is all 00SF. Only because I built all the track so there was no point in doing 00 and 00SF.

Works just fine. No adjusting on anything, loco wise. All are from what we might call the 'new era of RTR models. No Lima, Wrenn or Triang.

Two boards of Falcon Road are 'borrowed' from another layout and this other layout started with some track build using Exactoscale 00 track bases for platform roads. However, the track at the front edge of the layout uses wooden sleepers. All the P & C is also 00SF.

The construction story of Falcon Road is in the 'Layout Topics' section of RMweb. It shows a lot of track details.

Good luck.

Dave.

• Like 1

One thing is, I haven't seen the Mag yet so I don't know if the article was clearly labelled 00SF 16.2.

When I told the editor prior to writing the article he was quite keen that I should explain what 16.2 was all about.

I'll have to try to find a copy.

Dave