Modelling NCB/British Coal lorries - Late 70's to Late 80's - Decals

Scottish Modeller

Both the later style Guy cab;

http://www.roadtransportimages.com/online-shop/item/214-guy-big-j-1966-motor-panels-cab

and the ERF 'C' series cab;

http://www.roadtransportimages.com/online-shop/item/183-erf-c-series-1981-day-cab

are available as resin castings in 4mm from Road Transport Images. You buy the standardised components to assemble whatever prototype you want. The resin cabs can be bought individually and grafted onto suitable RTR chassis'.

Edited by Arthur

• 2 years later...

Phil,

Did you ever get anywhere with these transfers? I am looking at potentially doing some NCB ones for the RTI range alongside a bulk tipper body. The bit I am struggling with is finding out the area depot addresses that were on the cans.#

Graeme.

www.roadtransportimages.com

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, graeme02041645 said:

Phil,

Did you ever get anywhere with these transfers? I am looking at potentially doing some NCB ones for the RTI range alongside a bulk tipper body. The bit I am struggling with is finding out the area depot addresses that were on the cans.#

Graeme.

www.roadtransportimages.com

Hi Graeme,

Not gone any further as I need to do proper NCB tipper bodies.

That all got put on hold after my heart attack.

However, I was looking at the body you were doing at Ayr and thinking they were as near to what I want as possible.

What shows are you at over the next few weeks?

I can visit Lady Victoria and have a look in the archive to see if the depot addresses are listed?

Thanks

Phil H

Thanks Phil, that would be great. I have asked on Facebook on an NCB related group but have had a limited response.

We will be at Wigan next weekend, Glasgow Vintage Vehicle Trust at Bridgeton the following weekend and IPMS Glasgow at Bellahouston the Saturday after that. Then in November, we are doing Scotmodel at Falkirk on the first Sunday and Warley at the NEC.

Almost finished the tipper body so hopefully will get a mould from it soon. It is based loosely on the one in the picture below, that photograph was taken on the other side of the harbour from where the exhibition was last week.

Graeme.

Bulk Tipper.JPG

Peter Duncan Foden S80.JPG

• Like 2