Oxford 2017 - Announce - 'Oxford Structures'

Mike at C&M

Oxford Rail make three announcements per year, and a recent entry on their blog states that one is "roughly... at the end of May"

The blog is now updated with what could be a heavy hint. What could possibly follow?

https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/blogs/news/oxford-release-2017 

Edited by Mod4
Title changed to reflect announcement

• RMweb Premium

404 message for me too, but if you scroll to the bottom, the blue footer has a link to the Blog there - pretty much under the red "Sign up" button.

A new range of buildings? Or lots of additions to the construction vehicles range?

• RMweb Premium

I'm getting a bit fed up with announcements , or announcement of announcements, when so many previous announcements have yet to arrive. Do I get the prize for the number of announcements in one sentence?

Come on , where are the Mk3s

• Like 1

I'm getting a bit fed up with announcements , or announcement of announcements, when so many previous announcements have yet to arrive. Do I get the prize for the number of announcements in one sentence?

Even the BBC do it now - recent 'News at 10' headlines and articles have begun with comments such as "The government is expected to announce << insert whatever you like>> tomorrow".

How can it be news when they haven't announced it yet!

Edited by PrestburyJack

• RMweb Gold

Even the BBC do it now - recent 'News at 10' headlines and articles have begun with comments such as "The government is expected to announce << insert whatever you like>> tomorrow".

Quite agree.

Also, the number 24 in any news programming (not confined to the BBC) refers, not to hours, but 24 minutes, which is the maximum amount of material any of them ever use in any single hour, repeated as necessary, sometimes in a different order to keep viewers on their toes.

Unless something really dramatic/surprising/horrible occurs, nothing changes much through the course of the day.

John

• RMweb Gold

The blog is now updated with what could be a heavy hint. What could possibly follow?

Clearly they will be producing a Bob The Builder van to keep up their standards.

• RMweb Premium

I have to agree. Would be nice to see some more releases rather than just announcements.

• RMweb Premium

Amazingly this thread is three hours old and usual suspects have not copied and pasted their usual broken record pipe dream wishlists yet....

• Like 1

I'm sure the Diecast part has had a few releases but has Oxford Rail released anything since their last batch of announcements?

Maybe they should take a look at Dapols new stance and announce less products but then actually release them.

• RMweb Gold

Journalists have been using this phrase for years.  It's code for 'we've been given a press release which is embargoed until <date/time> so we can't officially say what it is or they'll take us off the mailing list, but here's what it will be'

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure the Diecast part has had a few releases but has Oxford Rail released anything since their last batch of announcements?

Maybe they should take a look at Dapols new stance and announce less products but then actually release them.

Rather more than a few!

Oxford Rail has released several further variants of existing models but, in any case, the link doesn't reveal any announcements of new railway items.

As for Dapol, they seem to have decided to shift their emphasis to the scales that earn them more.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling