Locomotion monthly newsletter

Frond

On the Locomotion website they are still inviting visitors to the site to sign up for their monthly newsletter, however I have not received one since March. Is it just me? or is this a victim of their recent cutbacks?

Hi all we are currently working on the next edition of the newsletter, and we’re aiming to distribute this later this month.

In the meantime, if you have any queries about any Locomotionmodels projects, please don’t hesitate to contact us by emailing queries@locomotionmodels.com.

​Regards

Stuart

Here's hoping 43002 & 43185 shall appear as a limited edition, in the upcoming newsletter ;) Not in gloss tho, please not gloss!

• 2 weeks later...

Disappointed to learn the evening star box set volumes have been upped. What is the new figure? Only opted in when I was at York for its low figure. When will final payment be required? I haven't received any confirmation of the booking either. Thanks

• RMweb Premium

Disappointed to learn the evening star box set volumes have been upped. What is the new figure? Only opted in when I was at York for its low figure. When will final payment be required? I haven't received any confirmation of the booking either. Thanks

I didn't get an email confirmation either. I had to email Sandra to get mine just after I placed the order. Might be worth dropping them a line to double check. It is a bit disappointing they have upped the number of boxed sets from 50.

Morning

Thank you for your comment. We do not have a final figure of the box sets - 50 was the original figure discussed in-house only . We will react to customer demand as the box sets are a sought after item and will increase to react to demand.

We are collating our customer reservation orders and will be sending out updates on the progress of the order and the prices as this figure has not been set - hence the reservation fee of 10p.

Hope this helps -

Simon

Edited by LocomotionatShildon

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hopefully featuring news of a GWR 43002/43185 HST pack! Ive been saving up, since I decided not to get the GWR 43087/088 due to a gloss finish. Plus rather support a charity!

Wouldn't you just be gutted then if they do release a 002/185 pack in a gloss finish!

Let's hope they won't be in gloss, if they do release them. Seeing as both previous releases of limited edition HSTs have been standard finish - which is more than adequate. I doubt there would be tacky gloss used? 

• RMweb Premium

Let's hope they won't be in gloss, if they do release them. Seeing as both previous releases of limited edition HSTs have been standard finish - which is more than adequate. I doubt there would be tacky gloss used?

It only says Great Offers and Exclusive Updates. Doesn't say anything about Exclusive New Announcements.

I doubt they would be announced yet, if they are at all commissioning them! The standard release of 2017 HSTs is due November, so perhaps any possible limited edition pack of 43002 and 43185 would be around this time. We can only publicly state as customers we would be delighted if Locomotion continued their superb range of interesting/special liveries on Hornby's HST Class 43s. 

• 3 weeks later...