Collie Lane, OO gauge.

Hi Everyone.

Well after a bad year and a half with health worries and life in general I'm back with a new layout and more enthusiasm.

The idea for the layout came after chatting with Steve and seeing his Catte lane layout at the Bridlington show a few weeks ago.

The idea is to have 3 modules in total, each measuring 16 inches long and 11 and a half inches wide.

The first module which I am building is a small yard and consists of a two road yard coming of a small radius left point.

I have built the baseboard out of foamboard for lightness and also I had a lot of it laying about.

The second module will have a through station and the third I'm not quite sure yet.

All will be set in the steam age but can be run in diesel era too with a change of one or two buildings.

More details and a photo soon.

Jerry.

Thanks for the support guys.

Here is a photo of the baseboard.

WP_20170609_16_41_00_Pro.jpg

And the underneath:

WP_20170609_16_41_49_Pro.jpg

I have cut a hole to the left as a exit onto a temporary fiddle yard and have laid a Y point and some track.

Here is the very latest photo of work so far:

WP_20170609_001.jpg

Just trying out some ideas.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 4

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

I have done a bit more work to the layout, put a loading ramp in, walls and a few other bits.

I will post a photo later once ballast dries.

More soon.

Jerry.

Hi Everyone.

Quite a bit of work has been done since my last post.

Here is a photo of latest work:

WP_20170616_06_46_35_Pro%202.jpg

Ballasting is nearly finished, I done the walls, bridge entrance, added some details, the hut/office is a wills kit as are the coal bunkers.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 4

Hi Everyone.

Here is the very latest photo of progress so far:

WP_20170620_14_40_25_Pro.jpg

The Ballasting is nearly finished, I've added some coal sacks and scales.

The crates need to be painted and are not stuck down yet, these are from Peco.

I am going to add a yard crane near the hut and a proper van where the white one is in the photo, then adding a few more details and that should be about it and a tidy up.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 3

Thanks Steve, very kind of you to say so.

Hi Everyone,

Haven't done much lately due to other things but did manage to add a new British railways van and some mail sacks on the loading point.

Here is a photo of latest work:

WP_20170625_18_55_25_Pro.jpg

I thought I tell you more about the layout.

The basic shell / baseboard is entirely foamboard and very light, I think this is a great material for making small micro layouts.

There will be three in total which will all join together but for now this will remain the main one until the others are built.

I got the idea from Steve after seeing his layout at Bridlington model railway show.

The next module will either be a station or a junction based layout and the last one will have some sort of industry/s.

Not much to do to this layout now.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 2

Hi Everyone.

Well with the layout nearly finished ( waiting for the model shop to get a few bits in ) my thoughts are turning to the second module.

I'm trying to decide if this will have a station or just a scenic module or even a junction.

One thought is, yard module, junction module and then station as 3rd module or Yard module, station module then 3rd module with a siding ( possibly fuel loading point or a dairy ) and a through road leading into fiddle yard.

I will post photos etc when I can get supplies.

Jerry.

Hi Everyone.

I haven't really done much to the layout as i had other commitments but did manage to do a small bit yesterday, I added coal to the coal bunkers to make it more realistic and tidied up the layout.

I'm can't seem to find the wills yard crane anywhere in Scarborough so will have to go further afield.

More soon.

Jerry

Hi Everyone,

Just noticed Photobucket saying I need to update my account so I will try and fix it.

I got the crane at last and this has been added to the layout.

I will post a photo soon.

Jerry.

Well after Photobucket wanting $39.99 a month for hosting pictures I thought I'd try this site out so this is just a test really.

I will post soon if this works.

Jerry.

Edited by Jerry1975

Hi Everyone,

I have added a crane, some figures to the coal yard and finished the ballasting.

Not much more to do to this module now, a bit more detail, maybe add some more lights and general clutter.

More soon.

Jerry.

Edited by Jerry1975

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your comments.

Yeah its a strange lol, I took the photo with the layout on the bed as that was the best place for light coming in from the window ( must think before posting photos ) as it's a dark room.

Module two is in planning stages at the moment, can't decide what to do yet.

Jerry.

Nice little layout, but I agree with steve1 , the images surrounding the layout are perhaps, a tad inappropriate.

I've always found it easy to post pics direct onto RMweb and not bother with photo hosting sites.

Mal

Hi guys,

I'm not really sure what you mean, the photo seems fine to me, are you referring to the hosting site itself ( am I missing something ) and if so can you suggest a better one or how to post pics directly to Rmweb.

I'm lost now Photobucket are charging such a lot for hosting.

Jerry.

Hi Everyone,

I am going to use a different way of hosting photos as i agree with what the guys have said, I really didn't notice at first but I get what they mean.

( was having a dumb moment )

Could someone please suggest a good site for hosting pictures, I will also look into posting directly to RMweb as I don't want to cause any offence.

I have deleted all the photos that used that hosting site ( as I guess this was the problem ).

I apologise for any offence caused by using the hosting site I used.

Jerry.

Edited by Jerry1975