SWAG Summer curry evening 2017

• RMweb Gold

Greetings,

I'm pleased to announce that I have arranged another SWAG curry evening for Friday 7th July next at Naz in Newton Abbot, starting at 7pm.

Naz is an excellent curry house and is located a mere 5 minutes walk from Newton Abbot station and with various parking opportunities in nearby local roads.

Their website can be found here http://www.nazindiancuisine.co.uk/

I've initially booked a table for 10, but the restaurant can easily add to that. Would all those who'd like to come along please either respond by posting in this thread and/or by sending me a PM, as I will need to let them know if we will exceed that number.

Many thanks.

• Like 1

Hi Tim,

May I ask what time ( approx.) the soirée finishes ? Obviously there is no set time but just wondered about the ordering and serving of food.

I only ask as the last train home is 22.06, which would give me a good couple of hours to fan myself with a poppadom or two and get back to the station.

ATB

Grahame

Grahame,

We have usually wrapped things up by that time, so I think you'll be OK with that train. It's only a 5 minute walk to the station as well!

Cheers,

Tim

That's ideal, thank you, in that case I expect to be there in good time :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

On behalf of SWAG and DRAG members l would like to cordially thank our dear Obergruppenführer for organizing our annual 'curry night out' at a new venue which was a splendid experience.

Excellent food and service.....and free gifts! There was talk of another one in six months.

The Captain with his free toy.                                                         Struggling to open it and to release the scary spider within.

post-6728-0-77758100-1499490935.jpg                                        post-6728-0-24705100-1499491013.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

On behalf of SWAG and DRAG members l would like to cordially thank our dear Obergruppenführer for organizing our annual 'curry night out' at a new venue which was a splendid experience.

Excellent food and service.....and free gifts! There was talk of another one in six months.

The Captain with his free toy.                                                         Struggling to open it and to release the scary spider within.

attachicon.gif001a.jpg                                        attachicon.gif002a.jpg

Which one is the Captain and which is the toy?

Hear, hear, John. Here are my pics from last night's group nosh...

post-14107-0-72670100-1499511476_thumb.jpg

The Good Captain with his new eggy (ice cream) friend.

post-14107-0-91048600-1499511503_thumb.jpg

post-14107-0-38366200-1499511529_thumb.jpg

A good time was had by all. Now lookin' forward to our next curried soirée in six months time!

• Like 3

A very enjoyable evening in excellent company, good choice of venue too.

A Big thank you to Herr Captain for organising the soirée and a definate one for the diary.

I might have to pop back occasionally to ensure that the food is kept to the same standard !

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice of you to wear the shirt with the Biryani inspired pattern, Graeme.

Very dapper.

post-14122-0-86048800-1499624299_thumb.jpg

Nice of you to wear the shirt with the Biryani inspired pattern, Graeme.

Very dapper.

It was a cut and shut Dhoti airbrushed especially and Dullcote'd for the occasion in a vein attempt to blend in !  :crazy:

• RMweb Gold

It was a cut and shut Dhoti airbrushed especially and Dullcote'd for the occasion in a vein attempt to blend in !  :crazy:

On a positive, any spillage would go unnoticed for quite some time......

• Like 1

On a positive, any spillage would go unnoticed for quite some time......

Having followed your excellent thread I've decided to carry a small box full of weathering powders with me to mask any spills I may make !

post-20303-0-20350100-1499712493_thumb.jpeg

If I sit in the same seat it'll help me blend in with picture above my head

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Having followed your excellent thread I've decided to carry a small box full of weathering powders with me to mask any spills I may make !

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

If I sit in the same seat it'll help me blend in with picture above my head

" Harry had just finished weathering his Bachmann Midland brake van when the hay fever kicked in and he sneezed.........b#gger thought Harry....."

I moot

You moot

He, she or it moots

We moot

You moot

They agree that a Chinese meal is the way to go next time

Practice your declensions all you like CK, it's still just a 'moot' point!

Personally, a nice winter-warming Chinese would do me fine... as would a spicy little Thai or Vietnamese. Depends what's on offer...  :O  

• Like 1