• Administrators

Hi all,

The BRM July Digital Edition is now available to download! The print version goes on-sale in shops around the UK on Thursday, June 22.

Yet again, this month's Digital Edition includes a mass of free 'extras' to add further value to the magazine. Digital Edition readers get a free issue of Engineering in Miniature magazine, an extra SIX videos plus a load of extra layout images!

The magazine is another cracker with five layouts covering OO, N and O, a mass of step-by-step practical articles and the latest product news and reviews. A full content list can be found below.

Enjoy,

Steve

post-14186-0-48386700-1497526514.jpg

FREE EXTRA DIGITAL EDITION FEATURES

•             FREE issue of Engineering in Miniature magazine

•             SIX additional videos totalling an extra 30 minutes!

•             LOADS of extra layout images

•             Complete DVD footage

ON YOUR FREE DVD

·         Watch Kirtley Bridge in action

·         See us build a canal boat kit

·         Ride the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway

LAYOUTS

·         Duffield (OO) – steam and diesel locos mix well in this picturesque LMS layout.

·         Kirtley Bridge (O) – the Yorkshire Dales backdrop a striking 30s scene with eye-catching stone buildings.

·         Bluebell Cutting (N) – a childhood gift leads to a lifetime of railway modelling enjoyment.

·         Up The Junction (OO) – a grimy cityscape, with lighting making a big difference between day and night running.

·         Ebridge Mill (OO) – an old mill makes for an industrious centrepiece in this Norfolk Broads layout.

PRACTICAL BRM

·         Build & weather a card shop kit

·         Modelling Ecclesbourne

·         Paint your wagons

·         Modelling a 16mm ‘Tin Turtle’

·         Figure painting masterclass

·         Weathering Liverpool Lime Street

·         Wagon weathering

NEWS & REVIEWS

·         Reviewed: DJModels ‘HA’ Class 71

·         Reviewed: Dapol Gloucester RC&W Class 122 Railcar

·         Prototype Inspiration: BR Class 71

·         The latest railway modelling news

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks to Steve and Andy for putting Duffield on the front cover. As well as the layout article, I understand that the layout is also featured on the DVD along with interviews about the layout and the Limited Edition 37114 loco we have commissioned from Bachmann to provide funds towards the replacement of our clubrooms.

Looks like I need to buy a copy this month . . . . . . .

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Odd that the digital version on Pocketmags doesn't appear to be downloading properly, in that only the first six pages appear then nothing. I've uninstalled twice and reset wifi, and it's the same. Must be something at Pocketmags end possibly?

Sorry should of clarified I'm using an iPad.

Edited by Pedro32

Odd that the digital version on Pocketmags doesn't appear to be downloading properly, in that only the first six pages appear then nothing. I've uninstalled twice and reset wifi, and it's the same. Must be something at Pocketmags end possibly?

It seems to be working OK this end on Android tablet and phone.

• RMweb Gold

Looks like I need to buy a copy this month . . . . . . .

You need to buy a copy EVERY month... :-)

I suspect you might be saying that about some other publications in due course ... .

You can also purchase a print copy early, complete with FREE UK postage. Click here.

I wonder ... which version of the print copy would that be?

Joking aside, I'm sure everyone concerned has learnt the relevant lessons - so it's probably time to draw a line under that issue.

I also appreciated Steve's offer to email a copy of the "Melbridge" article - I trust this offer is still open. I've intended to email him with my details - but, for various reasons, I haven't had chance to do so.

To be fair, though, mistakes have probably found their way into lots of publications over the years - and I'm sure that many have been far worse than this.

Anyway, the comments about buying copies of magazines certain months have a different resonance with me. My local corner newsagent (from whom I buy my monthly copy of BRM) has recently started stocking copies of some additional magazines - Model Engineer - and Garden Rail. I wonder what advice I might be offered as to which one I might sometimes consider buying.*

(*Don't worry. It's a tough call - but I think I might be able to work that one out for myself ... decisions ... decisions.)

Regards,

Huw.

We'll get the ipad issue checked out in the morning.

Andy, I'm not sure the problem is yours. I downloaded to my iPad at around the time you posted that reply (7:30 am NZ time) perfectly normally. Got the full BRM and the other add on mag.

I've been advised that the problem with iOS devices should now be resolved.

It will probably be necessary to re-download the issue.

I have noticed that the pics in the 'Up the Junction' layout article are credited to me; they credit is all Mike Lynch's. Don't forget to tap on the 'Watch More' icon on the digital version in that article which includes some video footage Mike sent over; I went into 70s reminiscences mode at that point!

Andy,

I'm still looking at only a 6 page download on my iPad although having checked I do have the Engineer in Miniature magazine in full!!

Has the problem been resolved? If so what do I do to download the full magazine?

Regards

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, Andy. Seems to be working now.

Downer, delete (bin) the incomplete issue from your library. It will then reappear as an issue awaiting download. Proceed as normal and it should appear in full.

Page 75 in my issue features a high speed 'slide show' where the 'background history' picture is situated. The 'slide show' is very fast so none of the pictures can be viewed properly. I assume there was meant to be a series of extra pictures for the digital version of the magazine.

I've deleted and reloaded the issue twice. I'm using an iPad. Has anyone got this?

• RMweb Premium

[quote name="Andy Y" post="2755264" timestamp="

............some video footage Mike sent over; I went into 70s reminiscences mode at that point!

Any excuse to get those flares and Lumberjack coat out of the wardrobe Andy!!!

Page 75 in my issue features a high speed 'slide show' where the 'background history' picture is situated. The 'slide show' is very fast so none of the pictures can be viewed properly. I assume there was meant to be a series of extra pictures for the digital version of the magazine.

I've deleted and reloaded the issue twice. I'm using an iPad. Has anyone got this?

I have the same problem on the iPad. Still there after reload

• RMweb Premium

It just looks fast to us oldies, to the youth of today that's normal speed.